Working at/for PRS?

LJD

I've heard let down stories of work experiences at other large and small guitar manufacturers... in the end a job like any other (?). What's it like at PRS? I wouldn't expect some Willy Wonky factory fantasy, but from meeting sales reps and watching some videos it seems like a cool place. (I suppose if there were negative opinions I wouldn't hear them on this forum.) Thanks!

Everyone I know loves working there and the people they work with but also emphasize the fact that its still a factory making a product - its not like you walk into a guitar store and get to mess around with guitars for a few hours.

I don't work there, but I've been a fair number of times and talked to many of the team both on and off duty. It has always felt to me like a big happy family.

PRS has a great work environment, with fantastic people and we make an amazing product. But it's a lot of hard work. We don't just sit around all day drinking beer and playing guitars. :)

I would really enjoy doing some kind of apprentice work there a day or two a week, just to see what goes into making the instruments. I think I enjoy working on guitars as much as I do playing them.

Of course, I don't live nearby, so that's all purely hypothetical.

PRS has a great work environment, with fantastic people and we make an amazing product. But it's a lot of hard work. We don't just sit around all day drinking beer and playing guitars. :)

Of course not, that's my job!

No - you spend at least 20-30 minutes a day taking pictures for PSF! :top:

Never heard anyone bitching...and you can tell the crew really enjoys what they are doing!! How couldja' not!?! (Ok, and I do occasionally check the site for positions available)

I've always wanted to work there. I think it might be one of the few jobs out there that I wouldn't dread going in to work everyday.

Actually that's what we sometimes do where I work. :)

I would almost give a body part to work at PRS. A company that gets it, and cares about the details, and never stops trying to be better? A place with that kind of devotion and passion; that's my kind of place!

Goldtop Lloyd

Last edited:
Back