Work

Totally identify with this.
I had to move my desk from an open environment into a normal office at work. Loud talkers, and lots of them... I couldn't concentrate, or contemplate, or computate, or mast... OK nevermind.

I thought that one activity would shut everybody up, but they just screamed and yelled...

Funny how much quieter it was in HR.

Gave my 2 weeks notice today. On to bigger and better adventures.

You and me both bro!! been struggling big time in my game since last October.
Just been offered a job a week monday and with better pay. Onwards and upwards as they say:).

Congrats, and all the best wishes, fellas.

At home bored last 2 days so i started answering the phone with ("Hello Alan Manning speaking musical genius. I'll be busking outside kfc if your walking past pls spare a shekel for an ex leper!!! Guess i can upgrade to burger king now)!!!:D

I like it!

At home bored last 2 days so i started answering the phone with ("Hello Alan Manning speaking musical genius. I'll be busking outside kfc if your walking past pls spare a shekel for an ex leper!!! Guess i can upgrade to burger king now)!!!:D

“Ex-Leper?!”

“You, lucky, lucky b@st@rd!”

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a good masticate session.
What were you thinking about?:eek::p

Giggle!

Totally identify with this.
I had to move my desk from an open environment into a normal office at work. Loud talkers, and lots of them... I couldn't concentrate, or contemplate, or computate, or mast... OK nevermind.

Before I finished college and got a paying job, there were huge distractions in the dorms that often prevented us from hunkering down and studying. Now many years finished with college, one wonders how to focus on the more important things while filtering out the distractions. Extraneous environment noise is the biggest culprit in my instance (neighbors on their phones, TVs or stereos blaring in adjoining apartments, dogs barking, street noise, children yelling while at play...).

It's vitally important that people can focus on their work, yet note exactly what happens when one turns on the TV, or allows other distractions in...it's near impossible to get any work done! Even though you may be passively listening, what you take in will infiltrate your psyche and mess with your head...therefore, real work requires focus...save your rest and play time for when you're off the time clock and can spend your downtime with family or friends...or use your rest time for your hobbies, which is essentially occupational therapy that uses your hands and helps you focus working with your hands instead of using as much of what's in your head...

I had to go into work today. It was 13F when I left and crossed 20F by mid-morning, when ... the fire alarm went off in the building. That 45min was fun. At least it's sunny out today.

Working tonight, the rain ☔️ is horizontal (and not purple) in Dundee!

It’s gonna be a soggy one!

Back