Work for PRS Guitars

Hmmm, let's see how I do in this quiz.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities’ (include and other duties may be assigned) "I'm good at other duties may be assigned".
• Employee can inspect approximately 40 guitar per day - Probably not, I don't like repetitive work and I get bored with assembly lines.
• Employee is able to correct set-up and electronics problems - Yes, if I have all day to do it. So I guess that's a no.
• Employee can inspect and identify finish problems - No, I usually miss blemishes I never knew were there whenever I go to sell a guitar.
• Able to pay close attention to detail - Yes, that I can do.
• Able to uphold a high level of quality Yes.
• Able to sit or stand for long periods of time Sit? Yes but I often fall asleep doing that. Standing? Hell no. The Army ruined my feet (among other things).
• Ability to work unsupervised and follow instructions independently - Absolutely! I prefer that.
• Employee can inspect approximately 40 guitar per day - We discussed that already. No.
• Able to lift 70 pounds - Yes, but then I'll need the rest of the day off.
• Close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus - Yes with reading glasses or a magnification visor.
• Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration - What happened to the ventilation system? Should be fine.

So about me working for PRS? I take that as a NOOOOOO!

I'll play!

Essential Duties and Responsibilities’
(include and other duties may be assigned) I'm essentially responsible a lot of the time.
• Employee can inspect approximately 40 guitar per day - How loosely is "approximately" defined?
• Employee is able to correct set-up and electronics problems - I can, but I'm not always quick. Or correct. And sometimes I don't know when I've been set up.
• Employee can inspect and identify finish problems - No problems finishing, so I think I'd notice a problem.
• Able to pay close attention to detail - Yes, I can pay attention.
• Able to uphold a high level of quality And a higher level of quantity.
• Able to sit or stand for long periods of time I'm an excellent sitter. And a decent stander. I'm pretty nimble for a fat guy.
• Ability to work unsupervised and follow instructions independently - I prefer being unsupervised. I can follow independent instructions, but some work better together.
• Employee can inspect approximately 40 guitar per day - I see why you want someone who can pay attention to detail.
• Able to lift 70 pounds - Have you seen the size of my a$$? (This question would not be needed for an in-person interview. Necessary on an application or phone screen.)
• Close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus - Eyelids work just fine, so closing vision is no issue. I like people who are deep and have no problems perceiving them. My wife says I adjust too much in public - she's the one focused on that.
• Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration - I'm able to supply my own fumes - quality, volume (amount) and volume (sound) are diet-dependent. Very rarely with airborne particles. As for mechanical parts and vibration, whatever gets the job done for you - I'm about the result, not what it takes to get you there.

I'll await my employment offer...

Essential Duties and Responsibilities’ (include and other duties may be assigned) What's "other"... I don't do windows
• Employee can build complete amplifier from start to finish with little to no supervision. Oh it'll be complete alright... Working?
• Employee is able to complete 2-3 amplifiers daily (subject to change). No problem... change to like 1 or 2?
• Employee can inspect amplifiers for defects and perform basic troubleshooting tasks. I can inspect other people's stuff and point out all their failures.
• Able to pay close attention to detail by following amp drawings. Where do the amp drawings lead to? I'm scared.
• Able to uphold a high level of quality with minimal kick back. More kick backs are preferred if I'm going to cover up for the other guys/gals.
• Able to sit or stand for long periods of time. My choice... right?
• Able to lift 50 pounds. What the... my Custom 50 combo and H weigh more than that. I'll need an assistant!
• Close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus. I have focus offus disease.
• Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. Who has the mechanical parts... Robocop... Fembots? I'm always fuming. Are the airborne particles vibrating, or is that a separate thing? Canadian punctuation police wanna know.

Good Luck to anyone seriously considering the opportunity provided here. I'm serious. It's not everyday that a position to start at the bottom with a premium company gets advertised and offered to the public. Thankfully hard work never scared me and I never expected my employer to take care of all my needs. If I was a younger guy I'd jump at this opportunity. I hope anyone considering the sanding position understands that you won't stay in that position if your talent surpasses the position. You'll move beyond. The owner is a mover, a comer, a hustler. The dude is passionate, still. I don't know the guy, but I remember the days he got his start, I was there. It wasn't like it is today. Today at a rock show you can get chicken fingers and a diet coke delivered to your seat. Back then you couldn't get a chicken sandwich with a fist full of fifties. Here's a guy who schmoozed with roadies so's he could show some of his work to the band. Think he doesn't recognize hustle? He owns hustle. I guess this job offer isn't for someone who still speaks " Mommy, Daddy. " There's beaucoup money waiting for the right person who is looking for a hand up, and not a handout. Don't be scared by the word titles, they don't mean Jack to a comer.

well living in the UK it would be a hell of a trip home every night, I myself am a rocking horse carver, making things from wood is for me a very relaxing way to pass-time

Back