Wooo hooo! Live music returns!

This place is on what once was a small air strip on Lake Michigan, to the east of Soldier Field. The part that sucks is you have to park at least a mile away, then walk to the venue. Of course there is a bottle neck that everyone has to pass through. It's not that wide, so cramming 15,000 people through it sucks. There's only one set of gates. Basically, a one way in, one way out situation. Too bad, the view is spectacular.

qRwgO7e.jpg
You need to make friends with someone who docks a boat there!! Then you are in like Flyn!

Yep, our local tin shed is this way too. There are two ways in, and it's a mile off the interstate. It's tolerable. Alpine Valley, in Wisconsin, is a different story. About 50 miles off the interstate, via a two lane County Highway. We always tailgated before, and after. I haven't been there since the night Stevie died.

TnM6QJT.jpg
Someone offered me a ticket to that SRV show and I declined as some friends were playing that night and I wanted to support them! Kind of glad I did not go, would not have wanted to be that close to such a tragedy! Great venue though IMO, especially when the Ballistreri family owned it! Very much a "anything goes" attitude in those days!! Got to see Phish there in 2019 while there on a visit! Was great to be back at that venue on a beautiful summer night!!! Thanks for sharing that photo, going into my archives!!!

Hahaha!

I've been married for longer than you've been alive, I'll bet!

January 1968? My hats off to you regardless.

Here's my record....Plaintiff #1 '92-'96 plaintiff #2 '00-09 future plantiff #3 '13- present. So I have a combined total of 21 years...how does that stack up? My guess is I'm not even close. Man this sh!t is hard! :confused::D

January 1968? My hats off to you regardless.

Here's my record....Plaintiff #1 '92-'96 plaintiff #2 '00-09 future plantiff #3 '13- present. So I have a combined total of 21 years...how does that stack up? My guess is I'm not even close. Man this sh!t is hard! :confused::D
Sounds like there was a whole lotta' contempt of court goin' on there!!! Not pointin' any fingers though ;~))

Sounds like there was a whole lotta' contempt of court goin' on there!!! Not pointin' any fingers though ;~))

Naa, I just refuse to conjure up evil by saying their names. Just to play it safe. Unlike Beetlejuice or Candyman, you only have to say their name once then all hell beaks loose.

Naa, I just refuse to conjure up evil by saying their names. Just to play it safe. Unlike Beetlejuice or Candyman, you only have to say their name once then all hell beaks loose.

Ha! Reminds me of when my buddy got separated and divorced the first time. He popped over to my desk and told me about it and said most of it was his fault, that he expected too much (that was mostly him falling on his sword, though). That was the last time I heard him say her name for about three years. Every time he mentioned her...well, this is a family forum. Let's just say her name did not start with a C. Or an F. Or a B, come to think of it. Things did get much more amicable later on, and they were actually somewhat friendly by the time she died.

Ha! Reminds me of when my buddy got separated and divorced the first time. He popped over to my desk and told me about it and said most of it was his fault, that he expected too much (that was mostly him falling on his sword, though). That was the last time I heard him say her name for about three years. Every time he mentioned her...well, this is a family forum. Let's just say her name did not start with a C. Or an F. Or a B, come to think of it. Things did get much more amicable later on, and they were actually somewhat friendly by the time she died.
Yeah first one cheated second one told me she couldn't have children when we first met...7 years later I find BC pills and she finally decided to fess up when my dad was literally on his death bed, so she received her walking papers shortly there after. However, keep in mind that I have been known to be quite the hand full myself...allegedly...o_O;)

Back