Wooo hooo! Live music returns!

ScottR

If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.
Well it's official...live music is coming to my part of the world. *Bonus* it's one of my favorite bands of all time...Earth Wind and Fire. They're coming here in early October and I am snatching my tickets when they go on sale Friday morning. I am sooooo stoked for this, as it'll be my first concert in a couple of years. All that being said...are there any (post covid restriction) bands/music festivals you are pumped about seeing?

I have tickets for something like 9-10 shows left over from before the shutdown. The first of those is currently scheduled for August - we'll see, but things are looking good.

Post-shutdown, I've picked up tickets for four shows - Cheech & Chong, REO Speedwagon, Joe Bonamassa, and Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley. The Cheech & Chong show went on sale in March, I think, and it was an odd feeling buying those.

I have tickets for something like 9-10 shows left over from before the shutdown. The first of those is currently scheduled for August - we'll see, but things are looking good.

Post-shutdown, I've picked up tickets for four shows - Cheech & Chong, REO Speedwagon, Joe Bonamassa, and Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley. The Cheech & Chong show went on sale in March, I think, and it was an odd feeling buying those.
I was stoked to see the Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley tour announced, until I saw the venue for the Chicago appearance. It's at one of those places I have vowed never to go to. Kinda bummed, but I'm not making an exception.

I was stoked to see the Alice Cooper/Ace Frehley tour announced, until I saw the venue for the Chicago appearance. It's at one of those places I have vowed never to go to. Kinda bummed, but I'm not making an exception.

I have one of those here. I saw David Bowie there the year it opened and swore never again. It was advertised as "20 minutes from downtown". Yeah - the exit is 20 minutes from downtown. It's another 45 minutes to the venue. Got into an argument with the parking lot attendant because he didn't want to let me back in because "it'll tie up traffic". Tons of restrictions on what could go in - and they offered to rent you a lot of that stuff inside. There was a somewhat famous call on a local talk show about one guy's misadventures taking his daughter to the first show. It's been 30 years and I've never been back. Passed on some great shows, but I'll live with that.

I have one of those here. I saw David Bowie there the year it opened and swore never again. It was advertised as "20 minutes from downtown". Yeah - the exit is 20 minutes from downtown. It's another 45 minutes to the venue. Got into an argument with the parking lot attendant because he didn't want to let me back in because "it'll tie up traffic". Tons of restrictions on what could go in - and they offered to rent you a lot of that stuff inside. There was a somewhat famous call on a local talk show about one guy's misadventures taking his daughter to the first show. It's been 30 years and I've never been back. Passed on some great shows, but I'll live with that.
This place is on what once was a small air strip on Lake Michigan, to the east of Soldier Field. The part that sucks is you have to park at least a mile away, then walk to the venue. Of course there is a bottle neck that everyone has to pass through. It's not that wide, so cramming 15,000 people through it sucks. There's only one set of gates. Basically, a one way in, one way out situation. Too bad, the view is spectacular.

qRwgO7e.jpg

_17XoZ2JeMCGGB59VB1sRqklKviASk3lLmt66lqzvU2yq5-xY1g3uJMfw7mHSglMnZA79R9uvs8FlKKXZjf-

Star Lake has a similar situation, but it's in the parking lot. That road in the upper corner is pretty much the only access to the parking lot. I think there may be another exit, but it brings traffic back to that point, as I recall. And that's a dirt/gravel lot, with no paved lines. So, you know, conducive to organized traffic flow.

The day after my only show there, they had SRV and Joe Cocker. I was listening to the radio telling people that the show was delayed because the bathrooms had flooded. At a month old facility? Yep. The stage is at the bottom of the picture. The hillside creates a natural bowl. Guess where they put the bathrooms? At the side of the stage - with the doors open to the hillside. There were heavy storms that day, and all the water ran down into the bathrooms.

This place is on what once was a small air strip on Lake Michigan, to the east of Soldier Field. The part that sucks is you have to park at least a mile away, then walk to the venue. Of course there is a bottle neck that everyone has to pass through. It's not that wide, so cramming 15,000 people through it sucks. There's only one set of gates. Basically, a one way in, one way out situation. Too bad, the view is spectacular.

qRwgO7e.jpg

You can park your boat right next to the venue. What are you moanin’ aboot?!;)

_17XoZ2JeMCGGB59VB1sRqklKviASk3lLmt66lqzvU2yq5-xY1g3uJMfw7mHSglMnZA79R9uvs8FlKKXZjf-

Star Lake has a similar situation, but it's in the parking lot. That road in the upper corner is pretty much the only access to the parking lot. I think there may be another exit, but it brings traffic back to that point, as I recall. And that's a dirt/gravel lot, with no paved lines. So, you know, conducive to organized traffic flow.

The day after my only show there, they had SRV and Joe Cocker. I was listening to the radio telling people that the show was delayed because the bathrooms had flooded. At a month old facility? Yep. The stage is at the bottom of the picture. The hillside creates a natural bowl. Guess where they put the bathrooms? At the side of the stage - with the doors open to the hillside. There were heavy storms that day, and all the water ran down into the bathrooms.

Eeeewww....:eek:

Gives a whole new meaning to going to a sh!tty concert.

Yep, our local tin shed is this way too. There are two ways in, and it's a mile off the interstate. It's tolerable. Alpine Valley, in Wisconsin, is a different story. About 50 miles off the interstate, via a two lane County Highway. We always tailgated before, and after. I haven't been there since the night Stevie died.

TnM6QJT.jpg

It's great to see music coming back, guys.

Of course, I'm never going anywhere again, ever.

Yeah, as a rule I'm pretty antisocial. It'll be interesting to see what it's like to throw myself into a crowd. Meh..
I'll get my mind right before I go just to be safe.:cool:I already won a coin toss for designated driver...the Ginger Goddess lost.;)

Yeah, as a rule I'm pretty antisocial. It'll be interesting to see what it's like to throw myself into a crowd. Meh..
I'll get my mind right before I go just to be safe.:cool:I already won a coin toss for designated driver...the Ginger Goddess lost.;)

Who is this Ginger Goddess of whom you speak?

Back