Wood Shortages and inventories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRSWILL, Jun 4, 2021.

1. PRSWILL

PRSWILL New Member

Went into Dave's Guitars in LaCrosse, Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago and it was VERY evident that stock of new instruments (all makes) seems way down. One of the guys said they can't get Private stock and other guitars right now due to buyers not traveling to pick out wood. Anyone have a clue as to when this might ease up? Seems like everything in every supply chain is screwed up right now. At least all of the FUN stuff!

2. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Energized

I'm guessing they're just getting things sorted out and will be traveling soon once air flights resume to Covid-affected nations. You've got to remember that impoverished nations don't have the same level of health care as we do, so they're still trying to recover from this pandemic.

I'd just save your cash until something piques your interest, or if you can stand to wait, order direct from Dave's and put your name on the waiting list.

Me, took a nice walk tonight with a bottle of water. Felt good to clear my head of the cobwebs. It was warm but cool breezes and the bottle of water made it worthwhile.

aphantomvaper likes this.
  3. Buildermike

Buildermike Can you have too many?

Window suppliers in my business are quoting 26 weeks out. So you want a house without windows? I think not. Not a fun time on the production side of any business.

El Fenix likes this.
  4. Herr Squid

Herr Squid I was severely impressed

My wife and I just ordered some nice oak bookshelves and got a message back saying "it's going to take twice as long as usual to build them and fill that order. Do you still want 'em?" The answer was "yes." I guess we wait.

El Fenix likes this.
  5. aphantomvaper

aphantomvaper New Member

I need a frickin' fence replacement for my back yard! Oh boy, props for the fence and gorilla tape too.

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  6. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

I was told by a guitar company owner that 5A quilted maple billets are running in excess of $800…..when you can find them. Also, I know that PRS is having a difficult time getting stock.

7. GADonis

GADonis New Member

This is an interesting little video on supply chain and shortages.

toothace and bodia like this.