Wood Library Paul’s Guitar (2019)

Wolfhound

Hello All - I am deep into a mission to find a Paul’s Guitar that I just love the look of. I tend to prefer the more restrained versions of the beautiful tops. So, I found a few top candidates at a respected dealer, from whom I have also purchased before. These are 2019 Wood Library models and at ~ $5,500 are somewhat over what I was targeting. So, my question is: is there respectful room to negotiate a mutually agreeable deal here given that it’s at least two years old and if I buy direct from the shop, they’d also save the Reverb fees!? Is 10% reasonable - or do Wood Library tend to not be readily discounted? Many thanks for any feedback and take care.

Hello All - I am deep into a mission to find a Paul’s Guitar that I just love the look of. I tend to prefer the more restrained versions of the beautiful tops. So, I found a few top candidates at a respected dealer, from whom I have also purchased before. These are 2019 Wood Library models and at ~ $5,500 are somewhat over what I was targeting. So, my question is: is there respectful room to negotiate a mutually agreeable deal here given that it’s at least two years old and if I buy direct from the shop, they’d also save the Reverb fees!? Is 10% reasonable - or do Wood Library tend to not be readily discounted? Many thanks for any feedback and take care.
Most places are willing to negotiate. Only one way to find out.

Most places are willing to negotiate. Only one way to find out.
Indeed! You speak the truth, Sir. I’ll definitely give that a go once the stars are aligned, ie, I shall only entertain treating myself to this once I have accomplished the prerequisite goals I set for myself. I’m weird like that! The good news is that I don’t actually need another guitar...

Indeed! You speak the truth, Sir. I’ll definitely give that a go once the stars are aligned, ie, I shall only entertain treating myself to this once I have accomplished the prerequisite goals I set for myself. I’m weird like that! The good news is that I don’t actually need another guitar...
We all need another guitar! :D And, you may be surprised by the willingness of some dealers. I called a place out of state about a guitar. The person I talked to said, “l can let you have it for $xxxx”. I didn’t even ask for a discount. It was almost 20% less.

We all need another guitar! :D And, you may be surprised by the willingness of some dealers. I called a place out of state about a guitar. The person I talked to said, “l can let you have it for $xxxx”. I didn’t even ask for a discount. It was almost 20% less.
Stupid autocorrect......I did, of course, mean to say that I could definitely use another guitar! 20% would be astonishingly good. I’ll definitely post up should I do the deal and thanks again for your messages.

On one of mine that I bought this year, all I said was "I can't afford it but really want to make it happen"! The reply was "What if I told you you could have it for $XX,XXX?" (which was 15% off)!! I could not give them my credit card numbers (and my life size Yoda statue) fast enough!!! Moral of the story "Feel the force!"!!!! Best of luck and regardless of what you pay, you will have a happy day the moment you play your new main stay!!!!!

It can't hurt to ask what their bottom line is.
You are, of course, 100% correct. Although I’ve been in the US for 27 years, it sends that I hold onto some of what I think are signs British reserve! Don’t worry - I am bracing myself to ask the question! Everybody seems really over the moon with their Paul’s Guitar. I really, really like my Silver Sky - so much so that I almost kinda limit my time on it as I don’t want to have my ‘other Strats’ fall out of favour!

Back