WOOD LIBRARY P245 THREAD!

This is an incredible run! I am partial to that gray/black fade, but every single one looks incredible.
Me too...it feels great and sounds incredible. Really need some more time with the new P-Up's, but so far they are really nice. Although I might still prefer the 59/09's...but we'll see as time goes on.

Me too...it feels great and sounds incredible. Really need some more time with the new P-Up's, but so far they are really nice. Although I might still prefer the 59/09's...but we'll see as time goes on.

Stoked for you man! I hear you on the 59/09's though; one of my favourite overwound PAF pickups! Are the 58/15's more like the 58/08's?

Are the 58/15's more like the 58/08's?
Ya mean the 85/15's? :wink:

I'm not the best at describing subtleties in tone...but I do agree with what others are saying, in that they are a really good mix of the 57/08's and 59/09's. I think MA_Pete really said it well: "These new 5815 pickups are GREAT! To me it sounds like everything I have liked about both the 5909's and the 5708's, combined into one set of pickups! The chimeyness, clarity and touch responsiveness of the 5708's, with the extra bite that the 5909's have. They clean up incredibly well by turning the volume on the guitar down. My initial impressions on the split tones are excellent as well."

Obsidian, Maple neck
http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-wood-library-p245-brians-limited-obsidian-2

DSC_9222.jpg

DSC_9209.jpg

DSC_9202.jpg

DSC_9217.jpg

DSC_9223.jpg

DSC_9228.jpg

DSC_9229.jpg

Is it just me or do these have the most insane fingerboards ever? So much character!

On the topic of the 85/15 vs 57/07 vs 59/09 debate, I'm a huge fan of all three but the 85/15 is full on sick, I have Pauls prototypes in my PS ME and they are mind blowing.

Last edited:
The honey is outstanding!!!! I can see getting rid of some of my herd to get that!!

Last edited:
I knew it! I held out just too long and its on hold. It was you, wasn't it....:evil:
No sir...I had pre-ordered the gray black fade flame top / maple neck one; I'm VERY happy with the fiddle that I got out of this run of 10.

Ahhh. Great choice!! Enjoy! I, myself, will just have to keep looking.....

No sir...I had pre-ordered the gray black fade flame top / maple neck one; I'm VERY happy with the fiddle that I got out of this run of 10.

Back