WOOD LIBRARY MODERN EAGLE V RUN!

Brian G

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Brian's Guitars is excited to announce our first Wood Library Modern Eagle V run!

Virtually picked in March 2020, due in 2nd quarter 2021

Call, E-mail or message with any inquiries/Preorders

https://briansguitars.com/collectio...h-wood-library-modern-eagle-v-brian-s-limited

Model: Modern Eagle V
Top:
Quilt Maple 10 tops
Configuration #1: Swamp Ash body, Figured Maple neck, Figured Maple Fretboard
Configuration #2: Mahogany body, East Indian Rosewood neck, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard
Inlays: Birds with hand selected Sparkle Mother Of Pearl centers and Paua outlines
Neck carve: Pattern
Bridge: PRS Tremolo
Pickups: TCI with PRS Single Coil
Controls: Volume, Tone, and 5-Way Blade Switch and Three Mini-Switches
Hardware: Smoked Black
Case: Black Paisley hardshell
Finish Colors:
-Charcoal
-Teal Black Fade (Configuration #2 SOLD, Configuration #1 ON HOLD)
-Faded Purple Burst (Configuration #2 SOLD)
-Palm Green
-Blue Fade (Configuration #2 SOLD)

Sorry, due to Covid chaos...only top photos this time. But aren't they purrtty?

Last edited:
IMG_6722_957a0c95-da96-4d8b-8d30-ecdea4a74ea8.jpg

IMG_6723_477a90cf-c0b6-4ced-938d-e3f22b26edcb.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6726.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6728.jpg

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6730.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

Last edited:
I know right?
It’s gonna be a long wait to see which of these outstanding tops ends up on my Purple Config #2.
Hah, so you were the other fast trigger! Knew it had to be someone on this forum!

It takes a lot to outdo your usual selection of tops for a Brian’s WL run....but I think you’ve done it here.
Yeah, that is extremely unique, and is gonna look like an absolute stunner. But there isn't a bad top in the bunch, or even a "not quite great" top. While I would love to have that one-piece, they are all fantastic quilts.

Yeah, that is extremely unique, and is gonna look like an absolute stunner. But there isn't a bad top in the bunch, or even a "not quite great" top. While I would love to have that one-piece, they are all fantastic quilts.

Agreed...I was referring to the whole run...all 10 of the tops...not just the one that shows up in the quote.

I know right?
It’s gonna be a long wait to see which of these outstanding tops ends up on my Purple Config #2.

Bangin’! You’re always so dependable. :p

See, this run kinda corrects what I feel (and what from a traditional standpoint of past models) the materials of what represents the Modern Eagle name. If it’s an ME, it’s gotta have a rosewood neck.

Bangin’! You’re always so dependable. :p

See, this run kinda corrects what I feel (and what from a traditional standpoint of past models) the materials of what represents the Modern Eagle name. If it’s an ME, it’s gotta have a rosewood neck.
Exactly! I said the same thing to Brian. The Exp2020 ME V with hog neck seems just to miss the mark on what I consider a core element of the model.

He did note that this forum also seems to love the Swamp Ash back + Maple neck/FB combo (a la the WL509 run that I also participated in), so that was an obvious alternate configuration I suppose. Even if I wasn't so hard over on the IRW neck, the ME V in Configuration 1 would be just way too similar to my WL 509 to justify. But IRW neck and Brazzy FB? Oh yeah baby, I'm in!

... and Blue Fade Config #2 is reserved, I wonder who did that... :p
Heh, I was waffling over the TealBlack Fade vs the Blue Fade, but picked the Teal Black finally. I guess I no longer need to second guess myself!

Dang these are going fast! 3 outta 10 within 2.5 hrs!

Let's say I was aware of quite a few other options elsewhere but the colors weren't to my liking; I wanted more vibrant/unique colors like blue fade, Eriza verde, orange fade, red black fade... so when I saw blue fade in this run that was an easy choice.

I suspect tops 2,4, 6-9 are the most likely ones to be used for blue fade, palm green, and teal/black fade.
The other tops are too dark/orange and would shift colors too much (might still be ok for teal/black), we'll find out in a year.

Back