WOOD LIBRARY MODERN EAGLE V RUN!

I was bored and wanted to refresh my graphics/photo skills. I made a mock-up of what a Teal Black Fade ME V with a quilt-ish top (nowhere near what Brian is offering) and smoke black hardware might look like:

W6mIhjY.jpg

I used a quilty ME V PS in Tiger's Eye (I think) as a starting point. EDIT: still had the window open - Dirty Blonde is the finish name on the original image.

I assume (!) for these WL ME Vs the headstock will be the usual PRS signature, so ignore the Eagle for now. Maybe @Brian G can confirm?

That's a solid use of your time! Dig!

Folks - Sorry about all the broken photos on my posts. We just launched a new website and are working through some kinks. They'll be back!

Reactions: jfb
Exactly! I said the same thing to Brian. The Exp2020 ME V with hog neck seems just to miss the mark on what I consider a core element of the model.

He did note that this forum also seems to love the Swamp Ash back + Maple neck/FB combo (a la the WL509 run that I also participated in), so that was an obvious alternate configuration I suppose. Even if I wasn't so hard over on the IRW neck, the ME V in Configuration 1 would be just way too similar to my WL 509 to justify. But IRW neck and Brazzy FB? Oh yeah baby, I'm in!
I ordered configuration 1, because configuration 2 is too close to my wood library P24 I got from Wild West Guitars.

Here's one:
Rse4WqZ.jpg
Sweeeeet!!! Thanks dude. Looks great although I am fairly certain it will not have 24 frets or say custom on the head stock lol. Just joking around. Thank you for giving me a good idea of what it will look like when complete!

OK, here's my attempt, with 22 frets and blank TRC.

ilPAqZp.jpg

I imagine however that the ultra flamed neck in docteurseb's image is more representative.

Also, tuners should be the smoked chrome, not gold.

OK, here's my attempt, with 22 frets and blank TRC.

ilPAqZp.jpg

I imagine however that the ultra flamed neck in docteurseb's image is more representative.

Also, tuners should be the smoked chrome, not gold.
Thanks. You didn't have to redo it but I dig it! Can wait to they finish those builds and I get my hands on it!

Fixed this post - sorry folks, still working on getting the old archive back online.

Hey @Brian G , I notice that for a couple of the tops, there is a second outline drawn.

It looks like the same shape as a Silver Sky.

Now, you wouldn't be up to a WL run of Silver Skies with maple tops, would you?

Would you?

Hey @Brian G , I notice that for a couple of the tops, there is a second outline drawn.

Would you?

Great observation dude!!! How did we all miss that!!

I don’t suspect Brian is at liberty to answer though...

Would you?
Haha, definitely no...unfortunately.

Some of the tops arrive at PRS with a general guitar outline on them from the wood supplier. And there you have it, the most boring answer I’ve ever given anyone.

Haha, definitely no...unfortunately.

Some of the tops arrive at PRS with a general guitar outline on them from the wood supplier. And there you have it, the most boring answer I’ve ever given anyone.
Hmm, sounds almost a little too boring. Like the true answer is quite different, so let's distract with a cold-shower answer...

o_O

Long time with no posts here, as we all await the builds.

@Brian G , any word on how the predicted timeline is shaping up? Still on track for sometime in April through June (of 2021 ;) )?

Hey @Brian G , we're now in the front end of the hypothetical 2021 Q2 delivery timeframe. Any word on how things are progressing? Any sneak shots from the factory?

Back