IMG_6725.jpeg

IMG_6726.jpeg

IMG_6727.jpeg

IMG_6728.jpeg

IMG_6729.jpeg

IMG_6730.jpeg

IMG_6731.jpeg

These are insane!

And this might be an example of Teal Black Fade, and the neck combo would look very similar for Configuration #1:

DSC_4547-300x204.jpg

(Thanks to Brian for the hint of what it might look like)

Though it will be a quilt for this run, but I can't find a good example online of a Teak Black Fade quilt with WL-quality quiltiness.

And this might be an example of Teal Black Fade, and the neck combo would look very similar for Configuration #1:

DSC_4547-300x204.jpg

Though it will be a quilt for this run, but I can't find a good example online of a Teak Black Fade quilt with WL-quality quiltiness.

I feel like I’ve seen that somewhere before....

oh yea!
rFlDFxb_d.jpg

m0lvGsP_d.jpg

DSC_4547-300x204.jpg

I don't think you'll find more examples of it for a while. I can't recall seeing that fade scheme prior to the above run from Brian, and they were all curly tops.

DSC_4547-300x204.jpg

Jeez that’s gorgeous. Wow!

Bangin’! You’re always so dependable. :p

See, this run kinda corrects what I feel (and what from a traditional standpoint of past models) the materials of what represents the Modern Eagle name. If it’s an ME, it’s gotta have a rosewood neck.

Exactly! I said the same thing to Brian. The Exp2020 ME V with hog neck seems just to miss the mark on what I consider a core element of the model.

He did note that this forum also seems to love the Swamp Ash back + Maple neck/FB combo (a la the WL509 run that I also participated in), so that was an obvious alternate configuration I suppose. Even if I wasn't so hard over on the IRW neck, the ME V in Configuration 1 would be just way too similar to my WL 509 to justify. But IRW neck and Brazzy FB? Oh yeah baby, I'm in!

I’m all in with the 408s, and was thinking I need an MEV in BOTH the rosewood and maple neck versions (stay tuned...hopefully coming to you soon on PSF or NGD thread). I love the 408s with a maple neck in my Paul’s TCI, and my modified Brent Mason and NF3s. I think that combo really brings out their versatility, esp for the SC sounds. They sound pretty great with a chaltecoco neck and reptile neck inlay too. My #1 (see avatar) is a siggy P24 with a BRW neck (see avatar)...so I know RW is a good choice for these as well. Basically I dig the 408s with any/every wood combo. The 509/513 on the other hand...strong preference for the Swamp ash and maple combo.

I don't think you'll find more examples of it for a while. I can't recall seeing that fade scheme prior to the above run from Brian, and they were all curly tops.
Brian's website has an old (2014 model year) "sold" listing for a P24 with that stain/finish, but it looks a fair bit different from this most recent run:

DSC_8871-300x385.jpg

There is one example of a teal black fade quilt from one of the other dealers that frequents this forum, but it seems it was a while ago (2017). I don't want to spoil Brian's thread with photos from "the competition", as it were, so just google "teal black fade prs quilt", should be one of the first images.

I will admit the lack of extant samples of the finish, especially in quilt, is what drew me to it.

Brian's website has an old (2014 model year) "sold" listing for a P24 with that stain/finish, but it looks a fair bit different from this most recent run:

DSC_8871-300x385.jpg

There is one example of a teal black fade quilt from one of the other dealers that frequents this forum, but it seems it was a while ago (2017). I don't want to spoil Brian's thread with photos from "the competition", as it were, so just google "teal black fade prs quilt", should be one of the first images.

I will admit the lack of extant samples of the finish, especially in quilt, is what drew me to it.

As we all know, every guitar is different...so the finishes can come out differently. That being said, I like to use the most recent (2019-2020) Nitro over CAB photos as examples because I do feel like the most recent finishes look a bit different...a bit more rich and vibrant.

As we all know, every guitar is different...so the finishes can come out differently. That being said, I like to use the most recent (2019-2020) Nitro over CAB photos as examples because I do feel like the most recent finishes look a bit different...a bit more rich and vibrant.
Well, if nothing else, the P24 finish goes the opposite way from the more recent ones!

I was bored and wanted to refresh my graphics/photo skills. I made a mock-up of what a Teal Black Fade ME V with a quilt-ish top (nowhere near what Brian is offering) and smoke black hardware might look like:

W6mIhjY.jpg

I used a quilty ME V PS in Tiger's Eye (I think) as a starting point. EDIT: still had the window open - Dirty Blonde is the finish name on the original image.

I assume (!) for these WL ME Vs the headstock will be the usual PRS signature, so ignore the Eagle for now. Maybe @Brian G can confirm?

Last edited:
Back