WOOD LIBRARY MODERN EAGLE V RUN!

Brian G

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
Brian's Guitars is excited to announce our first Wood Library Modern Eagle V run!

Virtually picked in March 2020, due in 2nd quarter 2021

Call, E-mail or message with any inquiries/Preorders

https://briansguitars.com/collectio...h-wood-library-modern-eagle-v-brian-s-limited

Model: Modern Eagle V
Top:
Quilt Maple 10 tops
Configuration #1: Swamp Ash body, Figured Maple neck, Figured Maple Fretboard
Configuration #2: Mahogany body, East Indian Rosewood neck, Brazilian Rosewood fretboard
Inlays: Birds with hand selected Sparkle Mother Of Pearl centers and Paua outlines
Neck carve: Pattern
Bridge: PRS Tremolo
Pickups: TCI with PRS Single Coil
Controls: Volume, Tone, and 5-Way Blade Switch and Three Mini-Switches
Hardware: Smoked Black
Case: Black Paisley hardshell
Finish Colors:
-Charcoal
-Teal Black Fade (Configuration #2 SOLD, Configuration #1 ON HOLD)
-Faded Purple Burst (Configuration #2 SOLD)
-Palm Green
-Blue Fade (Configuration #2 SOLD)

Sorry, due to Covid chaos...only top photos this time. But aren't they purrtty?

Last edited:

Brian G

Authorized PRS Dealer
Authorized PRS Dealer
IMG_6722_957a0c95-da96-4d8b-8d30-ecdea4a74ea8.jpg

IMG_6723_477a90cf-c0b6-4ced-938d-e3f22b26edcb.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6726.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6728.jpg

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6730.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

Last edited:

shinksma

What? I get a title?
I know right?
It’s gonna be a long wait to see which of these outstanding tops ends up on my Purple Config #2.
Hah, so you were the other fast trigger! Knew it had to be someone on this forum!

shinksma

What? I get a title?
It takes a lot to outdo your usual selection of tops for a Brian’s WL run....but I think you’ve done it here.
Yeah, that is extremely unique, and is gonna look like an absolute stunner. But there isn't a bad top in the bunch, or even a "not quite great" top. While I would love to have that one-piece, they are all fantastic quilts.

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
Yeah, that is extremely unique, and is gonna look like an absolute stunner. But there isn't a bad top in the bunch, or even a "not quite great" top. While I would love to have that one-piece, they are all fantastic quilts.

Agreed...I was referring to the whole run...all 10 of the tops...not just the one that shows up in the quote.

sergiodeblanc

Don’t you ever cry again for the rest of your life
I know right?
It’s gonna be a long wait to see which of these outstanding tops ends up on my Purple Config #2.

Bangin’! You’re always so dependable. :p

See, this run kinda corrects what I feel (and what from a traditional standpoint of past models) the materials of what represents the Modern Eagle name. If it’s an ME, it’s gotta have a rosewood neck.

shinksma

What? I get a title?
Bangin’! You’re always so dependable. :p

See, this run kinda corrects what I feel (and what from a traditional standpoint of past models) the materials of what represents the Modern Eagle name. If it’s an ME, it’s gotta have a rosewood neck.
Exactly! I said the same thing to Brian. The Exp2020 ME V with hog neck seems just to miss the mark on what I consider a core element of the model.

He did note that this forum also seems to love the Swamp Ash back + Maple neck/FB combo (a la the WL509 run that I also participated in), so that was an obvious alternate configuration I suppose. Even if I wasn't so hard over on the IRW neck, the ME V in Configuration 1 would be just way too similar to my WL 509 to justify. But IRW neck and Brazzy FB? Oh yeah baby, I'm in!

shinksma

What? I get a title?
... and Blue Fade Config #2 is reserved, I wonder who did that... :p
Heh, I was waffling over the TealBlack Fade vs the Blue Fade, but picked the Teal Black finally. I guess I no longer need to second guess myself!

Dang these are going fast! 3 outta 10 within 2.5 hrs!

docteurseb

Let's say I was aware of quite a few other options elsewhere but the colors weren't to my liking; I wanted more vibrant/unique colors like blue fade, Eriza verde, orange fade, red black fade... so when I saw blue fade in this run that was an easy choice.

docteurseb

I suspect tops 2,4, 6-9 are the most likely ones to be used for blue fade, palm green, and teal/black fade.
The other tops are too dark/orange and would shift colors too much (might still be ok for teal/black), we'll find out in a year.