Which pickups would you prefer in the 24/08

• Covered 58/15's

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Uncovered 85/15's

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Ben Pinkus

Hey gang,

Posted a while back about specs I was looking for on a 24/08. After some helpful advice and some searching I thought I found the one in Germany (natural flame neck is the key).

However just noticed that it has covered 58/15's (like my P245) rather than the 85/15 MT's that what I thought the majority of the 24/08's have.

Now don't get me wrong I really like those pickups in my P245, but was looking for something different in the 24/08 as it will most likely also be a mahogany guitar and I wanted some tonal variation.

What are the main differences between these pickup sets, and which would you guys prefer in the 24/08?

Thanks,
Ben

According to the Man himself, the structural difference between 58/15 and 85/15 pickups is the cover. So your tonal differences are simply the differences between a covered and uncovered pickup.

^ ah interesting I'll do some more research and try and find some sound clip comparisons see which I prefer. Thanks

^ See that's that I thought too - but seen quite a few now listed as having 58/15's. I think the ones with 58's may be 17 models in a different run to those 2016 prs experience ones though.

If it is the case and some 24/08's do have 58/15s, what would the implication of them not being MT'd be?

Last edited:
Back