WOOD LIBRARY ARTIST 509 RUN!

So, are you happy about the Bama/LSU game, or are you an unhappy Auburn fan (or 3. Don't give a crap?... LoL!)

I am firmly in the #3 category, my friend! Growing up around all the rivalry mess just totally turned me off of even caring about it.

It is funny seeing people's faces when they ask me who I "go for", and I tell them I don't like sports. Down here might as well be saying that I identify as a leprechaun, LOL.

Last edited:
I am firmly in the #3 category, my friend! Growing up around all the rivalry mess just totally turned me off of even caring about it.

It is bunny seeing people's faces when they ask me who I "go for", and I tell them I don't like sports. Down here might as well be saying that I identify as a leprechaun, LOL.

LoL! Understand totally! I'm caught up in the South Carolina one, though... I hate that orange team up in the northern half of the state...
An earthquake could swallow that place up and i probably wouldn't cry a lot...

Just FYI... one of the guys on one of the Facebook PRS groups says mine looks like a 3 piece Swamp Ash body...
Not that I haven't had 2 or 3 piece bodies. Just wondering if anyone else's looks like it. Probably won't be 100%
sure until the guitar gets here Wednesday. I see the wood grain areas he marked lines through, so it may be true.

Again, not a controversy, just wondering what the experts think looking at the pics available. :cool:

All swamp ash bodies in Wood Library are 3 piece.
Your guitar looks awesome!

All swamp ash bodies in Wood Library are 3 piece.
Your guitar looks awesome!

Cool! Thanks!

Yeah, like I said, didn't matter to me. Pretty darn sure my Wood Library 10 Top 509 has a 3 piece mahogany back as well. I would imagine it's common for PRS body wood.

Just FYI... one of the guys on one of the Facebook PRS groups says mine looks like a 3 piece Swamp Ash body...
Not that I haven't had 2 or 3 piece bodies. Just wondering if anyone else's looks like it. Probably won't be 100%
sure until the guitar gets here Wednesday. I see the wood grain areas he marked lines through, so it may be true.

Again, not a controversy, just wondering what the experts think looking at the pics available. :cool:

I believe Brian said they would all be 2 or 3 piece bodies. Didn't have a choice with that.

Got a UPS tracking number for mine earlier... Estimated Wednesday arrival... That is gonna be one freaking LONNNNNNNNNNGGGG day at work!!!

So I went back and looked at the unstained wood shots and compared to the shots Brian has supplied of the guitar headed my way. It appears I snagged #9. The thin dark grain lines are not nearly as obvious in the final product, but the tubular quilt is much stronger. Wood is weird that way, ain't it?! For direct comparison, so y'all don't have to open up multiple browser tabs:

IMG_5333.jpg

DSC_1224.jpg

Very pleased for you, very nice!

Got a UPS tracking number for mine earlier... Estimated Wednesday arrival... That is gonna be one freaking LONNNNNNNNNNGGGG day at work!!!

Yep, mine is in the hands of UPS, should arrive here in FLA on Thursday...

UPS says Wednesday! Wish I wasn't at the end of the route!

Dude, I live in FL. By definition, I am at the end of almost any "route" for something coming from out-of-state. There is nothing beyond us, just ocean...(and the rest of the world, but I'm speaking from a UPS truck point of view...)

Living in Key West would be more frustrating, from a delivery point of view, I guess, but I'm sure the life style might make up for it. I wanna be a tiki hut repair man.

(Brian Smalley reference that no-one here will get...)

Dude, I live in FL. By definition, I am at the end of almost any "route" for something coming from out-of-state. There is nothing beyond us, just ocean...(and the rest of the world, but I'm speaking from a UPS truck point of view...)

Living in Key West would be more frustrating, from a delivery point of view, I guess, but I'm sure the life style might make up for it. I wanna be a tiki hut repair man.

(Brian Smalley reference that no-one here will get...)

Ha!

Yeah, my UPS usually shows up between 5 and 6. I live pretty close to a mall, and he spends most of the day there. I have stalked him at the mall before in order to get something a little earlier. If I didn't have 3 conference calls tomorrow, I'd do that!

Yep, mine is in the hands of UPS, should arrive here in FLA on Thursday...

You guys are the lucky ones...I haven’t even SEEEN mine yet...God knows how long I’ll be waiting...

I have to go to Summerville to pick mine up, so don't feel too far behind... LoL

You guys are the lucky ones...I haven’t even SEEEN mine yet...God knows how long I’ll be waiting...

That means you'll end up with the coveted one piece that most everyone was all googly eyed over when the wood blank pics came out... Hehehe

I wore a raw spot on that neck and fretboard in a few places this afternoon/evening!!!

It's slightly different than my other 509, but it's really nice!

Back