WOOD LIBRARY ARTIST 509 RUN!

What's hilarious... with the natural finish on swamp ash... I feel like I'm looking at the rear (and front) of the body
on my electric guitar ever, a Peavey T-60 my Mom purchased brand new for me the first year they made them. I didn't get rid of that
guitar until after I was in college. I faked a lot of rock and roll on that thing in the 70's and 80's.... hehehe.

Just put a dent in the bank account! Whoot!

Yep... I'm dented, too... o_O:D:cool:

At least I only owe about $1500 more for the Special 22 semi-hollow that was ordered way before this one with another shop. It's not due until Q1 2019.
that starts with an M. (sorry Brian...)

Last edited:
Gonna be a little group of wood and wire addicts watching little tracking apps on their phones/computers this week!

aCk!!! Thbbfftt!!! o_O:eek::confused: Hehehe

Violet Blue Burst #1 (SOLD)
http://briansguitars.com/product/pa...y-artist-509-brians-limited-violet-blue-burst

DSC_1226.jpg

DSC_1225.jpg

DSC_1224.jpg

DSC_1232.jpg

DSC_1236.jpg
And this one is mine! Man, love it! The wait was worth it! The top is out of this world, just what I hoped for in terms of symmetry (if not a one-piece) and "quilty tubular folds", but that back!

And, regardless of how it looks, I can't wait to plug it in and play it - that combo of Swamp Ash, Maple top, and maple neck+FB should be awesome!

And this one is mine! Man, love it! The wait was worth it! The top is out of this world, just what I hoped for in terms of symmetry (if not a one-piece) and "quilty tubular folds", but that back!

And, regardless of how it looks, I can't wait to plug it in and play it - that combo of Swamp Ash, Maple top, and maple neck+FB should be awesome!

Dude, that top is insane... Love my Lizard Woman... Very similar top, but you got some bookmatch there! @Brian G picked some awesome lumber!

Congrats, my dude!

Congrats, my new benefactor!

#9 was pretty awesome in person...nice 3D tubular quilt and that interesting grain pattern. I think that one is going to be very interesting.
So I went back and no.9 is a stunner! But it’s all relative.

The tops selected are all beautiful in their own way, some are incredibly unusual.

Which ever one you end up with Glide, you’re a very lucky man.
So I went back and looked at the unstained wood shots and compared to the shots Brian has supplied of the guitar headed my way. It appears I snagged #9. The thin dark grain lines are not nearly as obvious in the final product, but the tubular quilt is much stronger. Wood is weird that way, ain't it?! For direct comparison, so y'all don't have to open up multiple browser tabs:

IMG_5333.jpg

DSC_1224.jpg

So I went back and looked at the unstained wood shots and compared to the shots Brian has supplied of the guitar headed my way. It appears I snagged #9. The thin dark grain lines are not nearly as obvious in the final product, but the tubular quilt is much stronger. Wood is weird that way, ain't it?! For direct comparison, so y'all don't have to open up multiple browser tabs:

IMG_5333.jpg

DSC_1224.jpg

Hot, for sure! I love that color on a quilt!

IMG_5333.jpg

DSC_1224.jpg

I had a feeling those lines might tone down a lot once finished... that ended up being arguably one of the best in
the bunch! What's hilarious is, finished, they're probably all going to be arguably the best!!!

IMG_5333.jpg

DSC_1224.jpg

Looks more like #7 to me - chevron goes the wrong way for #9 and there is a big 'V' behind the trem block that looks like it's on blank #7. Looks great regardless - love the colour (color) :)

Looks more like #7 to me - chevron goes the wrong way for #9 and there is a big 'V' behind the trem block that looks like it's on blank #7. Looks great regardless - love the colour (color) :)
On the raw wood, ignore the thin dark lines, those are the "grain lines" (not really - can't remember what to call those) - look instead at the lighter "wavetops" of the quilting. You will see it matches quite well.

On the raw wood, ignore the thin dark lines, those are the "grain lines" (not really - can't remember what to call those) - look instead at the lighter "wavetops" of the quilting. You will see it matches quite well.

Yes looking again and ignoring the dark lines I think you're right! Looks great whichever blank it was.

Just FYI... one of the guys on one of the Facebook PRS groups says mine looks like a 3 piece Swamp Ash body...
Not that I haven't had 2 or 3 piece bodies. Just wondering if anyone else's looks like it. Probably won't be 100%
sure until the guitar gets here Wednesday. I see the wood grain areas he marked lines through, so it may be true.

Again, not a controversy, just wondering what the experts think looking at the pics available. :cool:

Just FYI... one of the guys on one of the Facebook PRS groups says mine looks like a 3 piece Swamp Ash body...
Not that I haven't had 2 or 3 piece bodies. Just wondering if anyone else's looks like it. Probably won't be 100%
sure until the guitar gets here Wednesday. I see the wood grain areas he marked lines through, so it may be true.

Again, not a controversy, just wondering what the experts think looking at the pics available. :cool:

Looks like a 3 piece to me too. My WL 594 SC has a 3 piece swamp ash body. Someone else pointed it out to me too, I didn't even see it at first glance.

Yeah, it looks like it for sure from the grains ending in a few spots... Looks great, though, and it's not the first PRS I've ever had with a multi piece body... hehehe

Looks like a 3 piece to me too. My WL 594 SC has a 3 piece swamp ash body. Someone else pointed it out to me too, I didn't even see it at first glance.

So, are you happy about the Bama/LSU game, or are you an unhappy Auburn fan (or 3. Don't give a crap?... LoL!)

Back