Woo! Hoo! New Guitar Day!

JimmyDee

I've been waiting for about a week and a half for this baby to arrive! Seemed like a year and a half... I'm so pleased with it. It's exactly what I've always wanted!

I can absolutely appreciate the Custom 24's... don't get me wrong, I think they are marvellous guitars. But I've played both the Custom 24 and the CE24, and I definitely preferred the sound and feel of the bolt-on maple neck. I also preferred the satin finish of the CE neck. I dunno... I have a Jackson soloist with a gloss finished neck, and it always felt 'sticky' to me. Again, I'm not trying to bash the Custom 24, and I'm not saying the CE is a better guitar... but it's better for me.

The only thing I couldn't come to grips with, on the CE24, was the bare maple neck. I always wished they'd painted it. Well, a few weeks back, I came across a limited production run, with painted black necks. I couldn't give them my money fast enough! It's EXACTLY the guitar I've wanted.
IGK0bqT.jpg

I also ordered a new Mann 2000NOS bridge for it, because I believe the bridge is the only 'lacking' part on this guitar... unfortunately, the bridge has been stuck in customs for the past week, and I just have to wait until they release it. (probably do another thread, documenting the bridge swap, when it arrives)

It's pouring rain outside right now, so I can't get a good picture, showing the quilted top... but for now, here's the money shot:
BWKMQoV.jpg

... and with the rest of the gang!
xjOfRfc.jpg

Last edited:
Good things come to those who wait. Patience is a virtue, and all that other stuff. Way to hold out until you found what you really wanted! Congrats on a cool guitar! And, the MannMade is totally worth it!

Really like the color scheme. The standard cream pickup rings actually look good on this guitar. They give it contrast. They're the only thing that I think is unappealing about a lot of PRS's guitars. I've got some black anodized replacements headed my way right now...can't wait to replace the rings on my guitar.

The standard cream pickup rings actually look good on this guitar. They give it contrast. They're the only thing that I think is unappealing about a lot of PRS's guitars. I've got some black anodized replacements headed my way right now...can't wait to replace the rings on my guitar.

Actually, I don't really like the cream PUP rings... or the cream switch tip.
I've ordered a set of black rings and a black switch tip - theyre coming with the new bridge.

Sweet as!

Gotta say I love a natural neck, but hey it’s good we’re all different. Otherwise it would be like “Attack of the Clones”!!

WHEW!!! That is KILLER! Congrats man! I really dig the neck finish...I bet it feels incredible...enjoy!

Jimmy I agree with you. I have both the ce and the cu. The feel to me is better on the ce. I think the 5 way switch is the reason I like the tone better on the ce also.

Back