Wondering what the 30th Anniversary birds will be???

tonyvenn

Hi all....

2014 & 2015 will be anniversary years at PRS.

I started a thread before about 2014 being the 20th Anniversary of the McCarty.....and I'm really hoping they do something to commemorate it!

2015 is an interesting thought....it will be the 30th Anniversary of PRS.

For the 25th, we got the very cool shadow birds (I know not everyone liked 'em...but they look amazing on my SAS NF)

The 20th gave us the very cool "Birds in flight" inlay. (that's what I call them)

So...what's you idea or suggestion for the 30th design?

What about a special 30th Ann model? What would you like to see?

The floor is open!

Tony

Wow, anniversary already? I didn't realize it was coming up so soon. I have no solid predictions, but I think these would be cool:

408 HB, similar to the 2013 Experience model, but with a stoptail
Some kind of low wattage version of a popular amp, maybe a 20 watt HXDA, H, or Archon (although technically I think there are some of those around already)
SE245 HB, with 57/08's or 59/09's if we want to get fancy

The 25th anniversary stuff was killer. Lots of unique models, special appointments, etc. 30 might not be as much of a hoopla as 25, but I'm sure it'll be cool! I know I've really enjoyed my 25th SECU24... it's not exactly a rare guitar, lots of them were made, but it turns heads! Plus anniversary models are just cool to have when you're really into the company.

My dream model is a 408 SC HB with piezo.

As far as birds, I don't know what I'd like to see. I really liked the 20th Anni birds. I also like the 513 and Paul's birds, so I'm open. :)

The 25th anniversary birds are actually pretty intricate. I think people were just mad that they weren't made out of some kind of endangered mollusc. :D

Love my Mira 245. Hope to see some more unique production models that get made for the whole year. I'm getting a bit bored of these 50pc/100pc limited runs!

I would like to see them somehow incorporate a dark colored accent material to the birds, but it would have to be in a way that they don't get lost in the fretboard

Well we all know who is going to win the Super Bowl, so lets use some Sea Hawks for the inlays :D

he0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q.gif

Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie, Ned, Krusty, Apu, Mr. Burns, and Milhouse, in green ripple abalone.

Or maybe dinosaurs. Birds are simply evolved dinosaurs.

Last edited:
Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie, Ned, Krusty, Apu, Mr. Burns, and Milhouse, in green ripple abalone.

Or maybe dinosaurs. Birds are simply evolved dinosaurs.

I can definitely get down with a Simpson themed guitar.

Love the sinuous lines of my 20th, I hope it something along those lines maybe a bit ,ore aggressive even.

I call for THE RETURN OF MOOOOOOOOOONS!!!

A lunar month is about 30 days, so that kinda relates to the 30 year thing. I'd love to have phases of the moon inays. But there'd probably be an uprising. I bet abalone original birds would go over like gangbusters.

Back