Wish PRS would put out a black core Navarro model..

Technically, it’s just a Cu24 with gold hardware. That’s the easy part.
It’s the BRW fretboard that the first run came with that would be the hard part.

And it using the classic toggle instead of the 5-way blade switch.
I’ve seen the SE version sell used for more than it was new. The market is still there.

And it using the classic toggle instead of the 5-way blade switch.
I’ve seen the SE version sell used for more than it was new. The market is still there.
There are thousands of used Cu24’s out there with a toggle. ;)

If you don't care about the BRW fretboard, perhaps you could just order a bone stock, gloss black Custom 24-08 and get the same thing (if not better).

To be honest, I have absolutely no interest in signature models from any artist or manufacturer and will never buy one. People buy them and think they're getting exactly what the artist uses. They are rarely, if ever the same. I remember reading an interview with Marcus Miller. He had a signature line of Fender Jazz Basses. He said that as soon as he received his basses from Fender he would send them out and have the pickups and preamp changed. I spoke to someone at a guitar company that had several artist models. He told me that it didn't cost the company more to make them, the only difference was that they had to pay the artist for using their name. In my opinion, signature instruments are just a way to charge more for what is basically a stock instrument. They're are not going to make you play or sound like the artist.

To be honest, I have absolutely no interest in signature models from any artist or manufacturer and will never buy one. People buy them and think they're getting exactly what the artist uses. They are rarely, if ever the same. I remember reading an interview with Marcus Miller. He had a signature line of Fender Jazz Basses. He said that as soon as he received his basses from Fender he would send them out and have the pickups and preamp changed. I spoke to someone at a guitar company that had several artist models. He told me that it didn't cost the company more to make them, the only difference was that they had to pay the artist for using their name. In my opinion, signature instruments are just a way to charge more for what is basically a stock instrument. They're are not going to make you play or sound like the artist.
That’s not how PRS Signature models are.

That’s not how PRS Signature models are.

This is one of the many things that impresses me about PRS and reinforces even more the quality level of their products. If I was an artist and put my name on something I'd like to not only have input on it's design and specs but play it too. It's always baffled me when I see a signature model that the artist doesn't actually use but we are supposed to buy it for their sound.

Back