Wiring on an old wafer 5-way PS 1985 Repro.

Nick Gardiner

I just picked up a stunning 1985 Repro Private Stock. But someone had changed the wiring.

Installed in a toggle switch that is a direct rear humbucker switch. In the off position the usual rear HB position (1) is rear single coil. Pos 2 is outside coils parallel, Pos 3 is inner coils parallel, pos 4 neck single, pos 5 neck HB.

The tone pot is a push pull sweetswitch.

How hard would it be to change pos 3 to be inner coils in series (warm strat out of phase sound)?

How was the old power out of phase achieved? I love that too. Would that be possible?

Most important for me is to get the pos 3 in series if possible.

Quick pic.

DSCF0971_zpsxmvjxnzj.jpg

DSCF0973_zpsvnnhrotv.jpg

i honestly think it might be a good idea to contact the PTC group at prs. I believe there is a schematic on the support link of the site, which could help depending on you knowledge of wiring.

I too have an 85 repro PS. Mine has been left 'stock' wiring as far as I know. It has a sweet switch and position two is the 'cocked wah' style power sound. If you have any specific questions on the wiring I'd be happy to pop the back off and see if I can trace the switch wiring.

I too have an 85 repro PS. Mine has been left 'stock' wiring as far as I know. It has a sweet switch and position two is the 'cocked wah' style power sound. If you have any specific questions on the wiring I'd be happy to pop the back off and see if I can trace the switch wiring.
I can't speak for the OP but I'm interested in the wiring for a half cocked wah sound. I'd love to see how that's wired up

Back