Wiring Help

what your Favorite PRS Pickup?

• Total voters

DGT3089

Hi, New forum member here and first post.....What I need help with is this I have a 2007 CE-24 with the 5 way rotary switch but what I would like to do is change this to a six way rotary and have the added position be the full neck and bridge humbucker.....right now as it is you don't have this pickup combo and I miss it but I don't want to lose all the positions it already has so I thought what If i swap the 5 position switch for a 6 position but do not know how to get the added position to be both humbucker's full........Or if any one could tell me how to do a neck on mod using a push pull so that when in the bridge position if you pull the pot it turns the neck pickup on....all help is greatly appreciated...Thanks.

I can't really mentally see what your trying to do. The 5 way won't help you cuz it's locked to only 5 positions, but if you install the push/pull you can get another setting of course, but I'm not sure how that other setting is going to wire in with the 5 way. It may be possible, I just don't see it.

Essentially I am trying to get it so I can have the neck and bridge humbucker both in Full humbucker mode...and now that I have thought about it I would rather do this with a push pull pot.....Basically I am trying to do
this minus the master tone stuff as this already has that...
neck_on_sec.gif
But with a PRS....Going by this wouldn't I just do this very same thing only with the rotary?..I forgot to mention my guitar has the newer rotary that uses the PCB board not the wafer....Thanks.

It will be hard to make it work; I believe, due to the fact the PCB rotary is designed to work with the pickups style prs uses with that switch. The neck pickup magnet is flipped so they can accomplish the sounds in the 3 middle positions.

I thought the mid position ( 3 ) on the rotary was both buckers full
I will check mine tonight

per PRS support page on switching positions

Custom, CE Bolt-On & Standard
- 22 Fret - 2 PRS Dragon II Humbuckers
- 24 Fret - PRS HFS Treble Pickup and Vintage Bass Humbuckers
- 5 Position Rotary-Hybrid Pickup System, Master Volume and Tone Control

ROTARY POSITIONS

• Position 10: Treble pickup
  • Position 9: Outside coils- deep and clear - parallel
  • Position 8: Series single coils – Warm version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
  • Position 7: Parallel single coils – Crisp version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
  • Position 6: Bass pickup

You could conceivably use a freeway, not sure if its exactly as above + the 2x humbucker, but upon first glance appears to be. I know its not exactly the same 'kettle of fish' as a rotary but its a possibility

It fits in a normal 3 way cavity, so likely fit with in rotary space. You would have to take out and set aside the PCB as its simply soldering wires for the switch

I did it on a bernie with 4 conductor mules, using the associated non magnet flip option, but think yours is already flipped

https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/ma...eeway_custom_works_6_way_switch_schematic.pdf

(there are a few versions of the freeway out there, I just linked the type I have, not that expensive)

Back