Wiring help needed

wardog

What the gravy and cheese!!!!
I have a set of 59/09's and was thinking of putting them in the SE semi Zack Myers. Can anyone help on the wiring. I know if I had one vol and tone I could do the mod and coil-tap. But with 2 vol and 2 tone I am lost little. Not sure how to treat the 3 wires. I assume one is tap and the other hot and then ground. Is it that easy? I ask because I know the neck and bridge pickups with the 3 wire have reversed magnets. And to do this mod with 1 vol and 1 tone (tapped) is wiring magic.

So if anyone can help, thanks in advance.

For both - red is the split wire.
For neck - black is ground, white is hot
For bridge - white is ground, black is hot

I believe this will work for you. You also installing push/pulls for coil splitting?

Thanks John!!!! I know there was a switch of colors in there. Yes I plan to use push/push tone pots.

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/schematics/schem08/custom3waytoggle.pdf

So if you want one pot to split both pickups wire it just like this otherwise wire the neck side to the neck pot and the bridge side to the bridge pot.

If you are putting such good pups in that thing I would replace that wiring harness at the same time though. That will maximize your investment with tone return. Order a pre built kit, switch, and jack from some place like jonesyblues or martinsixstring and install it during the process. The push pull pots will be the same connection points as the diagram above. When you have 2 tone and/or 2 volume the wiring is the same except each pickup has it's own control on the same solder points rather than soldering both pickups to the same pot.

http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/schematics/schem08/custom3waytoggle.pdf

So if you want one pot to split both pickups wire it just like this otherwise wire the neck side to the neck pot and the bridge side to the bridge pot.

If you are putting such good pups in that thing I would replace that wiring harness at the same time though. That will maximize your investment with tone return. Order a pre built kit, switch, and jack from some place like jonesyblues or martinsixstring and install it during the process. The push pull pots will be the same connection points as the diagram above. When you have 2 tone and/or 2 volume the wiring is the same except each pickup has it's own control on the same solder points rather than soldering both pickups to the same pot.

I looked into this diagram and have used it on the setup it depicts. but I want separate the tap so I can get more pickup options. The wiring will be redo as well. I put a ghost piezo in it and that will need to go, unless I leave the setup along and put the 59/09's in another guitar. maybe a used sc.

it's just as simple as wiring half the diagram to one pot and the other half to the other pot.

You could swap the 3 way switch for a rotary and keep the piezo too!

I have decided to leave the ZM se as is. I will look for an singelcut to put the pickups in. Thanks for the help guys.

E=John Beef;184698]I love/hate the dilemma of having a great set of pickups and no guitar to put them in.[/QUOTE]

That's the truth for sure!

Back