Wiring Diagram Help

ESPImperium

Now on shielding duty via this Covid fun im now getting around to getting the Tremonti Treble and 57/07 neck installed into my SE Custom 22. Got all the hardware installed, like my new MannMade block and saddles and Gotoh Tuners. Then got to the important stuff, the electronics, i want the same diagram that i used for the 59/09s in my Mushock Baritone.

Only problem, ive got a massive ground hum, issue and also a massive issue in little to no volume. I used the drop in harness and jack socket. I just don't see how it could have gone wrong. Ill see if i can post a picture of my laughably poor soldering job later on.

Can the Tremonti Treble be placed into this diagram below???

https://www.prsguitars.com/documents/customs_2017.pdf

Or is it time to just cut them losses and just do a standard 3 way blade switch with a 1 meg volume pot and a no load tone and just have 3 sounds, Bridge, Bridge/Middle & Neck only?

Much thanks in advance.

There’s no reason you can’t use those pickups with the 5 way blade. Please post some shots, but in the meantime do you have a multimeter?

Start with a quick impedance check. If you don’t want to disassemble it yet put in a cord, flip to bridge pickup active, dime the volume, and measure ohms between the hot tip and ground sleeve. You should see ~15k ohms if it’s not shorted somewhere. Repeat for the other positions and all of them should be in the k’s of ohms range.

Great news, found the issue. It was the jack socket, it came with a faulty one, changed it over, it now works.

However, the Tremonti is reading about the 8K mark on the multimeter. Thing is, Im now thinking about changing it to a 59/09 Astorias keep things simple. Thinking about putting my Tremonti in my S2 Vela or a SE 245 as Im gonna get rid of my Les Paul as it just can't stay in tune for long enough, i need guitars that stay in tune long enough.

Ive got a few pickups to choose from, ive got a Seymour Duncan Nazgul and Pegasus to choose from as well, if there's a way i can interpret the Seymour Duncan wiring into the the PRS Diagram.

Glad you found it. Adding anything SD to a PRS 5 way switching wouldn’t be a problem if the pickup has 3 or 4 conductor wiring.

Ive now found a second problem that may not be making the Tremonti perform at the 16-17K mark. I have twinned the green and white wire together, and not the green and red one. Going to do one more modification today, using a on/on switch, switch between the full humbucker and the tapped version.

Time to get the drill out i think. Or do it via a tapped knob. It may be the drill.

Back