Wiring diagram for 85/15 TCI

brianos

Hey guys can you help me here,i bought a couple of 85/15 TCI from a 2022CE and want to put them in my PRS 24 Custom SE????

But i don't now how to wire them,dos anybody have a wiring diagram,i don't now where to put the orange wires.
My PRS custom SE have a volume and tone push pull nob and a 3 selector switch.

Please help i really don't now how to wire them and the wiring diagrams are so bad on there site ,i am used to the wiring diagrams off seymour duncan.

Thanks Ed

Got this from the pickup pop up shop 85/15 listing. Perhaps others will be of more help.

Note on wiring:
The 4-conductor wire used on PRS 85/15’s has the same functionality as the 5-conductor wire used on 58/15 LT’s. The only difference between the two is the chassis ground wire. The 4-conductor design uses the shielding of the hot wire as the ground. The 5-conductor design uses an orange wire as the chassis ground.

Thanks my friend will try it out ;)
Can i use the wiring diagram of my24 custom se ?

Are the color code the same as the SE custom 24 pick ups ,and i am happy then i can wire. those 85/15 TCI pick ups.
Maybe somebody now the color codes of the 85/15 TCI i now orange is Earth and that's all.

I got these directly from the Matt King at PRS in an email once I picked up my set of 85/15 TCI pickups.

Neck:
Black - Hot
White / Green - Coil Tap
Red - Ground
Orange - Chassis Ground

Bridge:
White - Hot
Black / Red - Coil Tap
Green - Ground
Orange - Chassis Ground

Last edited:
Thanks guys to you all,i have put the puppies in today and waw ,i wired them with the color code from Ruffone and they work like a charm.
The sound is so good out off my 24 custom SE i can not believe it.All i have is a SE collection no other PRS was wallet friendly for me :) :) :) but one day i buy me a Gore model its on my bucket list :) :) :) :)

Thks Edd

Thanks guys to you all,i have put the puppies in today and waw ,i wired them with the color code from Ruffone and they work like a charm.
The sound is so good out off my 24 custom SE i can not believe it.All i have is a SE collection no other PRS was wallet friendly for me :) :) :) but one day i buy me a Gore model its on my bucket list :) :) :) :)

Thks Edd
You’re a step closer by going with the core pickups. I’m glad I was able to help with the wire coding. Enjoy your new pickups.

Hi everyone,

I own a 2021 PRS S2 Custom 24, and I recently purchased a set of PRS 85/15 TCI pickups. I followed Ruffone's color codes for the installation, and while the guitar now sounds awesome, I've noticed a significant increase in "hum"/"static noise" after replacing the pickups.

Whenever I touch a metal component or the strings, the noise diminishes significantly. I'm quite puzzled by this, as the guitar was very quiet before this upgrade. I find it hard to believe that the USA version of these pickups is intended to produce more noise, so I suspect I might be missing something. Already checked all the connections and ground wires are just fine.

Although I don't have shielding on any of my other guitars, I decided to try it on this PRS to troubleshoot the issue. It did reduce the problem, but it still persists and is more pronounced than on any of my other guitars. I'm planning to remove the shielding because it's affecting the guitar's tone, and even if there's still some noise afterward, I don't think this is the solution.

I've reached out to PRS for assistance, but their support hasn't been very helpful. They suggested sending the guitar to them for a fee, which doesn't seem justified given that I'm in Portugal.

I was wondering if anyone could offer some guidance? This issue is driving me crazy.

Thanks!

post 120 for wiring colours, thread is a good read

post 120 for wiring colours, thread is a good read

Thank you for replying.

I've already read it and still stuck with this issue.

I've followed this color code:

Neck:
Black - Hot
White / Green - Coil Tap
Red - Ground
Orange - Chassis Ground

Bridge:
White - Hot
Black / Red - Coil Tap
Green - Ground
Orange - Chassis Ground

Do you understand which change could/should I do?

Thank you for replying.

I've already read it and still stuck with this issue.

I've followed this color code:

Neck:
Black - Hot
White / Green - Coil Tap
Red - Ground
Orange - Chassis Ground

Bridge:
White - Hot
Black / Red - Coil Tap
Green - Ground
Orange - Chassis Ground

Do you understand which change could/should I do?
I have your DM, on it

Back