wireless

gush

Where is that speedo pic
The guys in my new band want me to go wireless. I changed all my cables to george Ls and am afraid going wireless will be going backwards. Any thoughts?

The guys in my new band want me to go wireless. I changed all my cables to george Ls and am afraid going wireless will be going backwards. Any thoughts?

I went wireless in the mid 80's with a system that was crude as can be. Loved it regardless of the issues. Then in about '90 i got a new model nady that by todays standards is still considered old, but i used it till i quit playing out regularly in the mid 2000's. Never had problems and i loved it. They are brighter because of the lack of cable capacitance, but you can tweak for that, or even use your old cable to connect the reciever to the amp to get that capacitance back. I never considered going back to a cable, and when i did a few times due to a dead battery or whatever, i hated it. Not because either is worse, just wasn't used to it. Thats all it is....neither is necessarily better or worse, but a bit different.

Line 6 G50 owner here. I'll never go back to cables.

Agreed - I use a G90 in my rack and it's the best unit I've ever used. The stock cable on the transmitter should be immediatley replaced with a high quality, after market one but the main unit and transmitter are both metal and great. The fact that it doesnt use radio frequencies means that you'll be able to use it anywhere in the world without disturbance and its true!

I have to agree with mike here I have the line6 g50 and it's amazing how good they are and with the adjustment for cable length you will have a hard time to notice a difference from a cable

I used a wireless in my studio years ago when recording combo amps that sat in the recording room while I was in the control room. I thought it worked very well. It definitely had a sound, but it wasn't a bad sound at all. This was in the days before there were digital wireless units.

One interesting thing about it was that I could use its volume control to boost the output a little bit and drive the front end of the amp just a titch harder, like a clean boost.

I've got the line 6 G30 and love it. Cable simulation is great and didn't notice a difference between a planet waves cable . Worth the money. Might soon get the g50 because I want to play farther from my house while wearing my pjs lol

Agreed - I use a G90 in my rack and it's the best unit I've ever used. The stock cable on the transmitter should be immediatley replaced with a high quality, after market one but the main unit and transmitter are both metal and great. The fact that it doesnt use radio frequencies means that you'll be able to use it anywhere in the world without disturbance and its true!

I replaced my stock cable right away for a Shure right angle cable. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WA304?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=livesound&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CJuQ7Mnaob4CFRQmMgodhWgAlQ

I really like my G50 Line6. I set it on the 30ft. cable notch, and I can't really tell any difference in tone. So far it's holding up beautifully!

I ordered the G50 along with one of those Shure cables, and a pouch for the transmitter.
Some have had problems with those Shure cables, hope I get a good one.

I ordered the G50 along with one of those Shure cables, and a pouch for the transmitter.
Some have had problems with those Shure cables, hope I get a good one.

Which pouch did you order? I've done a bunch of research and it appears there isn't a good fit for the G50 transmitter available right now from any brand.

I've been using the same Shure cable, that I posted in the link, since I bought my G50 when it came out. So far no issues.

Good info... I've heard positive things about the Line 6 digital units other places, but I trust this crew more! I might pick one up just to avoid tripping over myself.

+1 to the Line 6 wireless. Been using the g50 since it came out. Love it, and have never had any issues either it.

I use the Line 6 G90. It's the best unit I've tried. It doesn't sound or feel quite as good as cable, and I have had a rare drop-out or two, but it is pretty darn good overall. Wireless technology has certainly come a long way over the years. I've not had the opportunity to check out any of the Lectrosonics stuff, but I'll bet it's really good.

Last edited:
I'm still using the old X2 rackmount. This was the product/technology that Line 6 bought out when they go into the wireless thing. I've been really happy with mine for the most part. I know Line 6 has made improvements with the G90, but I can't see ditching the X2 right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If mounting the G50 to a pedal board, should it be at the beginning or end of the chain, or does it matter where it goes?
Right now my Polytune is first, and the Tremonti wah is last with the cable from it going to the amp.

No answer on where it should go on the pedal board, or it doe snot matter?

My Line 6 G50 came yesterday, what a hunk!
Nice metal housings for with the receiver and transmitter, not plastic like the cheaper Audio Technica one I bought a few years back.

Have not tried it yet, but maybe tonight of by the weekend.
Also it fits the pouch, but the pouch could be designed better so you have easier access to the on/off control.

But yes, this G50 is built like a tank.

No answer on where it should go on the pedal board, or it doe snot matter?

Corey! bro. I am not picking on you! I do my fair share of typos and get the auto-correct problems too, so I truly understand.

But when I'm reading along an run into something like doe snot, I just lose it. :rofl:

Back