Wireless systems for guitar - 2.4 and 5.8 in Germany/Europe

shinksma

What? I get a title?
There is a chance I may be traveling to Germany again. Might bring a small travel guitar, and would like to potentially use a wireless system, either 2.4 or 5.8 GHz, that was purchased in the US.

I see that Thomann and Amazon.de sell wireless stuff from the usual suspects at those frequencies, so I would like to assume I won't have any issues using the ones I bought in the US over there.

I know some areas of the RF spectrum are controlled/licensed differently around the world. (e.g. US-made walkie-talkies are generally a big no-no in Europe.) But I also know the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz ranges are "fairly open" for consumer use, since that is where Wifi systems live, and since my system would be "compatible" with wifi here in the US, I could assume it should be OK for Germany.

Any of our German members have any thoughts or concerns?

So, 34 views and no responses. OK, I guess our European/German brethren do not use wireless "bugs" as much as I do...

I wouldn't have thought they'd use those frequencies at all. I just assumed they were on 9.9.

OqFHFJ.gif

Hi, @shinksma, I apologize a belated reaction on your question.
As far as I concern, 2,4 GHz for wireless guitar systems are free to use in Germany. No official sign in is required.
But there is the opportunity of intererences with WIFI.

Hi, @shinksma, I apologize a belated reaction on your question.
As far as I concern, 2,4 GHz for wireless guitar systems are free to use in Germany. No official sign in is required.
But there is the opportunity of intererences with WIFI.
Ok, that's what I thought I understood. Yeah, interference with wifi (or from microwave ovens) is a problem here in North America too.

I wouldn't have thought they'd use those frequencies at all. I just assumed they were on 9.9.

OqFHFJ.gif
Groan.

Back