Wireless system for Piezo

HorseyPrawn

I just bought a PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo, and am looking for a wireless sytem that is compatible. What ones have worked with this guitar, or is this even possible with the active piezo pickup?

Thanks in advance.

(Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere - I did search).

Any guitar wireless should be fine.

The thing to consider is if you are using 2 cables now, you'll need 2 wireless systems.
If you only use 1 cable now, then you'll be fine with one

I use a Shure slx unit on mine and it's fine - same as any other guitar with piezo or passive magnetic pickups.

My concern is that I have read that many wireless systems do not work with active piezo pickups, like the Baggs in the PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo.

I'm just looking for recommendations that do work.

Any guitar wireless should be fine.
Unfortunately, no.

Some of the wireless systems out there pick up the piezo/mag pup circuit board as a whine or fast clicking sound (probably from some sort of on-board clock).

Some have plug issues because the transmitter's plug is also used when charging, and the presence of the piezo's bias voltage confuses it.

The ones I have found most compatible are:

Line 6 G30 (and presumably G50)

Ammoon (and probably all the other similar Chinese builds) 5.8 GHz

Others that are OK are the Xvive U2 wireless systems, but they get noisy sounding at high gain on some guitars.

Shure BLX14. Works great with my SE HB II Piezo.
My only concern with this and similar products is that they are analog (prone to interference you can hear, vs digital just drops out, which while not ideal, is better, IMHO), and may fall prey to more frequency band auctions by the FCC (or whoever) and become obsolete (and technically illegal to use).

Line6 G10 works in the Piezo output but not the Mix/Mag output on my HBII. I believe it came with a 90 degree adapter that turns the TRS plug on the wireless unit into TS, which is annoying to use, but solves the problem. If memory serves, I had the same problem with an old guitar that had FIshman Fluence Moderns.

It isn't what you're asking for, but since I could check Boss Waza Air worked in both outputs, but there is a rhythmic clicking to it in both outputs that I don't get with my 594 that has the same magnetic pickups.

Unfortunately, no.

Some of the wireless systems out there pick up the piezo/mag pup circuit board as a whine or fast clicking sound (probably from some sort of on-board clock).

Some have plug issues because the transmitter's plug is also used when charging, and the presence of the piezo's bias voltage confuses it.

The ones I have found most compatible are:

Line 6 G30 (and presumably G50)

Ammoon (and probably all the other similar Chinese builds) 5.8 GHz

Others that are OK are the Xvive U2 wireless systems, but they get noisy sounding at high gain on some guitars.
Well we learn something every day :)

Shure slx works fine with my HBii though.
Older tech now, but it's never given me an issue.

It's also avoid the 2.4G band which was a big plus for me

I believe the issue some people are having with PRS HBs is simply the jack, and using a 90-degree adaptor will solve the problem.

Back