Wireless Amp / guitar SS ystem

Shure Wireless systems are very good. I've used the Xvive U2 but found it to be noisy and have latency that cuts the transient. Totally different price points though.

Having a lot of fun with my line6 G10sii. Not the most expensive unit and worsk just fine for @home. Bigger stages are a little troublesome I noticed.

I've got the basic boss wireless plugs. They work well for me around the house. Really nice not having cables to get in the way. Occasionally they seem to pick up interference from my wife's mobile if she's in the room below but that can normally be solved by rebinding to select another channel

Having a lot of fun with my line6 G10sii. Not the most expensive unit and worsk just fine for @home. Bigger stages are a little troublesome I noticed.
Is there any issue being close to a PC router . I’ve read there sometimes are issues with interference

The cheaper units using 2.3 ghz, can conflict with busy wifi signals. I had mixed results with dropouts/interference with a XVive unit so went back to my old Sennheiser wireless. No issues at all with the Sennheiser. UHF units have the potential to conflict with local tv stations. Sennheiser's site shows which frequencies their units cover and potential tv stations that could interfere. However, there are usually enough choices of frequencies that you can avoid that specific range and be ok.

The cheaper units using 2.3 ghz, can conflict with busy wifi signals. I had mixed results with dropouts/interference with a XVive unit so went back to my old Sennheiser wireless. No issues at all with the Sennheiser. UHF units have the potential to conflict with local tv stations. Sennheiser's site shows which frequencies their units cover and potential tv stations that could interfere. However, there are usually enough choices of frequencies that you can avoid that specific range and be ok.

So the hospital gig is out, I get it.

Boss WL-50 works well. Like the pedalboard mount and the socket to plug in an instrument cable quickly. Low latency as well.

I was using an AKG Bug system until I walked my guitar into a dressing room doorframe as we were about to go on, and smashed the thing to bits! So I have been using a really cheap Lekato WS80 for the last four months. It was doubtful about it but it works a charm at gigs for me. I always keep a cable ready to go in case I have a problem, but so far, touch wood, it's been great.

I was using an AKG Bug system until I walked my guitar into a dressing room doorframe as we were about to go on, and smashed the thing to bits! So I have been using a really cheap Lekato WS80 for the last four months. It was doubtful about it but it works a charm at gigs for me. I always keep a cable ready to go in case I have a problem, but so far, touch wood, it's been great.

Our drummer uses the same for guitar/bass tracks when he’s recording.

Well I ended up with the Xvive U2 system and it works super in the guitar room with no issues being close to a router
The Xvives are generally quite good - we've used a couple of sets over the years. However, if you ever get a guitar with a piezo, you may find you get a whine noise from the piezo circuitry, especially if you use a good amount of gain - even without the piezo selected. As a result, I've switched my use to the Lekato brand (and similar clones), which is far cheaper anyway. My wife still uses the Xvives for her bass at home (but has a Lekato set for when we gig), and I think I have a spare set as backup, which might get used if the rest of the band shows up with their Lekatos - there are only four unique channels, and if five of us are trying to use them...

Back