Winter Projects--What's in Your Future?

CK_Bazil3Weeks.jpeg

And he will grow and protect the family later on...trust me on this...;)

Am currently working towards saving some cash that would usually be put towards frivolous things, towards a separate HeadRush FRFR108.

@Herr Squid's post from a separate thread got me thinking...what improvement would occur by putting 2 powered speakers in stereo from my HeadRush Gigboard?

It was obvious. Putting 2 speakers would allow the stereo effects from the Gigboard to be heard in their correct form. The speakers could be essentially separated by a distance of about 4 feet, but would be done so vertically...stacking the FRFRs and putting some space between them for correct separation. Will post a pic once the purchase will have been made and positioning occurs...

Memory may be faulty (it was a gooood week!) but I think I found Trappist Rochefort 8 or 10 on tap in Hawaii while visiting years ago. So there is hope! Also discovered Grimbergen just off the LSU campus in Baton Rouge one time. That was the one and only time I've ever been cut off while drinking out, so I'll count that one as sublime, whether it's truly a trappist ale or not.
Yummy! Love 8 and 10!

Holy...

Where on earth did you find that? Days of connecting module patches via cable reminds me of the early days...when B.C. meant "before chipset..."

haha - they’re apparently making a comeback. In the future I’d like to expand it with some other modules but it’s quite a lot to figure out on it’s own first.

@Herr Squid: Took your counsel to heart and made a choice for a separate FRFR108. Am looking forward to setting up stereo speakers several feet apart vertically inside my concrete "fireplace" bookshelf.

Hopefully, nephew can join me to help rearrange the concrete blocks from a height, then re-stack them, perhaps settling the lowest shelf for one speaker, then the 3rd shelf for the 2nd speaker. We'll see. Will need to measure the block heights to determine where the shelves will be.

I'd usually try all this myself, but the blocks need to be handed down a step stool height and carrying them down/up the step stool takes a good bit of effort. Nephew is stronger; I'll wait as he tosses the blocks down and me's catches them. :eek:

UPDATE:
Just secured nephew's arrival this weekend for the concrete block rebuild project. Will need to prep the fireplace bookcase by removing most of its contents and putting things aside until the actual rebuild occurs. New FRFR108 is due to arrive several hours before the nephew arrives.

Someone remind me to take my melatonin and tea this evening. Excitement will not be letting me sleep, guaranteed.

I have a few lined up.

Add phase III locking tuners and core nut to my SE Paul's.
Add core nut to my SE HBII Piezo, (already added locking tuners).
Go thru and do complete clean up and setup on KL33.
Work on cheapo practice guitar to level frets, file fret ends, drill out headstock for larger tuners and bushings, solder electronics, install pickups, truss rod adjustments, buff and polish, etc (just to practice and play around with)

A few other non-guitar (automotive) related projects as well.
And maybe prep house to sell this spring, but we'll see.

Currently in process rebuilding the concrete bookcase which will house both FRFR108's. Nephew is due to arrive in about an hour. His stronger arms will remove the heavier blocks from their positions; nephew will hand the blocks to me who will set them aside until we reach the 3rd shelf, and add a couple 4"x8"x16" blocks on either side to increase the shelf distance.

Then, we replace the shelves and blocks until we finish. The books can go back where they were, save for the 3rd shelf which will house the 2nd FRFR108. The 3rd shelf book contents have already been moved to the bottom shelf which was previously partially empty.

Meanwhile, I'll be adding a speaker isolation "pad" for the 1st FRFR108, and pulling the existing Auralex Gramma isolation pad from the 1st FRFR108, to put under the 2nd FRFR108. (There is more room vertically for the new pad where the 1st FRFR is; the Gramma is a lower profile pad that will work well with the slightly shorter 3rd shelf)

Will post a pic of this once we finish and most all is back in place again. Will thankfully provide nephew will some homemade apple pie and cuppa tea for his trouble; and a chance to catch up on his recent doings regards his work and vocal career.

Would consider doing this myself, but hoisting/arranging multiple-sized concrete blocks to/from a 6-½ foot height doesn't bode well for me. Nephew stands about 7 inches taller than me, and his strength / reach is better on a step stool than mine would ever be.

I have a few lined up.

Add phase III locking tuners and core nut to my SE Paul's.
Add core nut to my SE HBII Piezo, (already added locking tuners).
Go thru and do complete clean up and setup on KL33.
Work on cheapo practice guitar to level frets, file fret ends, drill out headstock for larger tuners and bushings, solder electronics, install pickups, truss rod adjustments, buff and polish, etc (just to practice and play around with)

A few other non-guitar (automotive) related projects as well.
And maybe prep house to sell this spring, but we'll see.

I'll consider putting a core nut on my SE HBII Piezo as well. Will need to wait a few months until it might be time to replace my T-I flat wounds, rather than dive into replacing the core nut and needing to change to a new set of T-I's right off the bat...

Here's the recently rebuilt concrete "fireplace" bookcase, showing the 2 FRFR108's, one about seated ear-level above, the 2nd about thigh-level angled upwards. The bookcase is not complete, yet, though; an incoming isolation riser will be added to the lower FRFR for better vibration absorption. I've yet to put the rig through its paces yet, and will wait until I have more time to spend with my rig.

Many thanks to @Herr Squid who inspired me to try this new configuration, utilizing the onboard HeadRush effects for more realistic stereo sound.

9NOKc6R.jpg

We have a Halloween gig this weekend, after which we’ll start working up Christmas music. Hopefully, we can start on the new album after Christmas

We have a Halloween gig this weekend, after which we’ll start working up Christmas music. Hopefully, we can start on the new album after Christmas

I think what I'd need to do to authenticate the look would be add some spider webs, some chains and old KFC chicken bones strewn around the concrete blocks. Then, at Xmas, add a plate of cookies and a glass of milk to the concrete. This is about as holiday as I get...o_O

Back