winged tuners

gush

Where is that speedo pic
Ok. The hog ce22 I just got has wings on it. A great many forum members sing the praises of these goofy things so I'm trying tolike em. Not sure I can do this.........phase 2 and 3 tuners are just sooooooo simple.

Some people can't get used to them. I agree that the 2's and 3's are as simple as it gets, but I like the wings too. Just don't expect them to be Phase 2's. Just wind them and they will grab just fine.

Winged tuners WERE the Cat's Meow. Easier than any predecessor, look cool, work great. Then Phase Two proved there was yet a quicker, easier, just as good device. Neither is a deal breaker or maker; they both work so much better than anything sold by Fender or Gibson. But for just pure cool, Wings win.

Next time you pass through Illinois I'll show you how it's done. Wings are the only locking mechanism you can use without tools, or a penny to your name. Which is good.. 'cause you're broke 'cause you bought a PRS.

I dropped the wings cause I had a hard time stringing on a dark stage once. I've never loved them. I think about a .052 is the largest string they hold, which also rules them out for me.

The Schallers with the big thumb screws on the back don't need tools, either. The wings are very easy to use, though. Hold string taut, tune up, clip the end, rock. Detune, rotate the wing to unlock. Done.

The Schallers with the big thumb screws on the back don't need tools, either. The wings are very easy to use, though. Hold string taut, tune up, clip the end, rock. Detune, rotate the wing to unlock. Done.
I think he meant of the different PRS locking tuners

I think he meant of the different PRS locking tuners

:beer: I did, I should've clarified.

The PII's are nice feeling and a little smoother I admit, but the wings are just so darn cool. I wish they'd make some new wings or at least be able to modify the new ones to use the collar. I couldn't quite get the PII screw down kind tight enough with a debit card or a pick.

Back