Will they cover it under warranty?

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by ivandolz, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Injam

Injam New Member

I would not think swimming in the sea with your guitar would be covered either.

2. ivandolz

ivandolz New Member

i can assure you that the part on top (and they tend not to refer to it on the conversations) Is not wear and tear.

If a $5500 PRS played 5 hours at your home were you keep it on a case wears like that...

regarding the “precedent”, you can see the video that I posted before were a guy got a total refin from a second hand prs for free. Mine is first hand bought in a authorised dealer. Why should I be treated poorly vs him?

#42 ivandolz, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  3. ivandolz

ivandolz New Member

And
    And let’s get deeper into your hypothesis. in that case, they should have refused to repair the guitar. But once they agree, don’t you think that PRS should do the most perfect possible job? How can a repaired PRS from official PTC leave the factory like that?

4. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

I didn’t come to argue. I can’t know the guitar’s actual history.
    I just looked back at the photos after a long debate and noted what it looks like to me.

5. ivandolz

ivandolz New Member

And I thank you for your opinion, because it’s important for me to hear others. Thanks for taking the time to look at the pictures.

I was just trying to challenge your statements, nothing more.

have a great rest of your Sunday!

6. ivandolz

ivandolz New Member

I am sad to say that this issue has come to an end.

I wrote them again today because I was not getting a response since last Tuesday.

They insist that all they can do is that "spot repair". No mention to the receipts I sent them on the 5 PRS I bought, no answer on if they showed the e-mails to Paul, or on why they have performed that subpar repair. They stand for they work and ask $1500 if I want a refin.

For me, this is the confirmation that many of the things that PRS "sells" are just marketing. I obviously love their guitars, that is why I bought so many in the last years. But I am afraid I will never buy another PRS. This week I will be receiving at last my Suhr Aura (2 and a half years wait!), and I hope this will cheer me up a little.

Very, very disappointed on PRS and the PTC. I expected a lot more from a High end guitar post service. If they want to sell "luxury" on the guitars they sell, they should stand behind their products.

I will play this PRS fearless from now on at least.

They have lost a client.

Thanks to all for reading, looking and commenting, I have really appreciated all the messages.

Dirty_Boogie likes this.
  7. Dirty_Boogie

Dirty_Boogie Still got the ol' tagger on it

Really sorry it turned out this way for you.

ivandolz likes this.
  8. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Sad to hear your story. DEFINITELY not the experiences that I have had with Warranty or PTC work. I can't speak more highly of the Customer Service Team.

LackingWit and veinbuster like this.
  9. ivandolz

ivandolz New Member

Thank you for your comment, I am sorry too.

I never thought this would be the outcome to the problem. I don't really understand why they made all this poor choices and I can't stop thinking about it and how easily it would have been for them to solve it. How can the Private Stock team ship a guitar in this condition is beyond my understanding.

10. ivandolz

ivandolz New Member

New turn of events... Or at least I think so, so I need your help once again.

Yesterday I sent them my last e-mail explaining my disappointment explaining all the issues, with a final sentence that said that ! they had lost a loyal client forever".

Today, they wrote me back, with a short quote, saying that if I wanted a new "evaluation", I could send the guitar back. I wrote them back, explaining that I didn´t want to send the guitar to get the same result, and that I was tired of this situation.

The answer was short again, saying that this time the sales director will be in the evaluation process. No a clear answer, but probably they are trying to say something? They already know the guitar, have the pictures, and has benn kind of "repaired".

What do you think, are they trying to do the right thing this time? I will be spending money again and time sending the guitar and I have to guarantee, but I don't think they will make me send my guitar back again to tell me once again that they will not take care of it, don't you think?

11. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

I wouldn’t read anything into it other than what it says. They are inviting you to send it back to have someone higher in the food chain evaluate it.

They aren’t making you send it back, so you can’t make assumptions about what the result would be.

The sales director doesn’t know the guitar, so can’t make a decision without seeing it. You already know some people see something different in the photos than what you described, so you can’t expect the sales director to make a decision based on that either.

It’s up to you. I would send it back and accept the re-evaluation - whichever way it goes. It’s time to stop burning the emotional energy.

12. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I am in this same camp.

alantig likes this.
  13. ivandolz

ivandolz New Member

But whoever evaluates the guitar... Is going to evaluate a guitar that has already been touched-up/repaired, so it would be harder to see if it has a factory problem or not. 80% of the people has seen the same that I have seen, but it is true that some people think it should not be refin by them but...

No one defends the repair, because the repair is really bad. Once they agree to repair, everyone thinks they should do a good job.

14. ivandolz

ivandolz New Member

With this you are totally right. If I don't send it I will never have a positive outcome for sure.

aphantomvaper likes this.
  15. kipkohl

kipkohl New Member

Exactly

16. Stephen J.

Stephen J. New Member

This might be the best way forward. Leave that guitar on a stand where you will pick it up often and play it for all its worth.

17. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

^^^Logic^^^

Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.
  18. aphantomvaper

aphantomvaper New Member

Sales managers have a vested interest in creating more sales. You may do well to send it in, what is the worst that can happen at this point?

Its a long tale so far, and I'm sure your forum friends would want to see you take a chance and possibly have a more positive outcome. Other than these finish issues, that's a sweet axe!!

bodia and ivandolz like this.
  19. Nice F Holes

Nice F Holes New Member

Let me start by saying that my hope is that everyone walks away from this experience with good feelings - I hope it works out in the best reasonable fashion.

I think one thing that makes this tricky is that all the "issues" are in typical high wear parts of the guitar. The wear on along the edge of the bout is near where the players arm makes the most contact with the guitar. The issue near the bottom/tail looks a lot like impact damage and is an area prone to bumping into things. This is just my opinion as an outsider looking at the images, which aren't very clear. Maybe there is a problem with the finish that resulted in expedited wear, I don't know. It would help to see higher resolution as well as pics of other parts of the guitar to formulate more of a concrete opinion.

The spot repair isn't all that bad. If the issues are caused by wear, chemical/sweat contact, or other things not typically covered under warranty then a free spot repair would have been a happy middle ground - not completely refinished, but also not charged for.

Obviously the grease pencil is a mistake. And I don't know what to say about the swirls. Along with other marks it's hard to believe they were put there during the process. Again, hard to tell not seeing more of the guitar.

20. ivandolz

ivandolz New Member

Thank you for your wishes. I truly hope this ends up well.

I only have the pictures I made and my word about this. I agree on the side and I never tried to hide it. But the top is not a part in my opinion that should wear a lot because it’s on the Center/left side, you don’t rest or rub with your arm there. The back and sides are. I never had a problem there with any of my guitars in all this years.

I think that for whatever reason this nitro finish was very sensitive and fragile because the guitar has no play time. Again, I can only give you my word for it. I had many other PRS that I played more (not a lot more because I rotate them) and never had a finish peeling.