Will there ever be an S2 line for Acoustics ??

RabbitBrain

Hi Folks ... Please forgive me if this material has been previously discussed (I am new to this), but, has anyone heard anything regarding a possible addition of the Angelus to the S2 line made at home, here in Maryland??

The hope of many who can't dive into the near PS price of the USA line. In fairness, the USA is close to a PS. I kinda doubt it, unless PRS sets up for high volume acoustic production. Never know though.

While I think an S2 Angelus could be a hit, I'm not sure where the cost savings would come in. For the S2 line, the bulk of the savings seems to be in the reduced handwork - no sanding a bevel, etc. There's some material cost savings with the neck construction, and the outsourced electronics. For the acoustic, you'd lose a fair amount of those savings. I'd love to see it, though.

FYI, the SE acoustics are an incredible bargain. If you don't have an objection to an imported instrument, it's really worth checking out. Ricky Skaggs did an A/B at Experience a few years ago against a core line model (maybe one of the sig models), and said there was a difference, but not the kind of difference you'd expect for the difference in price.

Back