Will there be a new Core Paul's Guitar?

I hope the guitar that there's no plans for has an eagle?
I hope the guitar that there is no plans for has a tremolo
The Santana has the big eagle:
santana_retro_2017_tn_photo6.jpg

Experience guitars get the little eagle:
exp_prs_pauls_guitar_2018_photo6.jpg
But, the little one isn't on a Santana! We're talkin' 'bout gettin' a Santana in everyone's hands! :D

You know what guitar always comes with a lil eagle and a trem? West Street Limited.;)

Will there be a new Core model based on the 2018 Experience Limited Edition Paul's Guitar with the new pickups?

No. And YES. I just scored a 2018 Paul's Guitar w/TCI pickups and it's not an Experience model. There were three when I spotted them and there's one left.

No. And YES. I just scored a 2018 Paul's Guitar w/TCI pickups and it's not an Experience model. There were three when I spotted them and there's one left.

where???
Europe, USA South America Japan
it must be an experience model, how do you know it has the TCI.

I've been thinking of buying one of the experience models and swapping the pickups into my tremolo version.

where???
Europe, USA South America Japan

it must be an experience model, how do you know it has the TCI.

I've been thinking of buying one of the experience models and swapping the pickups into my tremolo version.

In the good old USA.

It's NOT an Experience model. I know it has the TCI because I've seen the hang tag and I confirmed it with PRS by serial number before ordering it. It's "used", but about half the price of an Experience model. :)

There's still one left..............

https://reverb.com/item/14098160-paul-reed-smith-paul-s-guitar-2018

Last edited:
In the good old USA.

It's NOT an Experience model. I know it has the TCI because I've seen the hang tag and I confirmed it with PRS by serial number before ordering it. It's "used", but about half the price of an Experience model. :)

There's still one left..............

https://reverb.com/item/14098160-paul-reed-smith-paul-s-guitar-2018

I'm just finding it hard to believe, it doesn't really say it in the specifications for this serial number.
I don't believe this remaining one has it. did you get a non-tremolo?
I remain unconvinced until you receive the guitar. although Dave's guitar receives one offs occasionally.
good luck though.

I'm just finding it hard to believe, it doesn't really say it in the specifications for this serial number.
I don't believe this remaining one has it. did you get a non-tremolo?
I remain unconvinced until you receive the guitar. although Dave's guitar receives one offs occasionally.
good luck though.

As I mentioned, they had three of them. When I contacted PRS Customer Service I was informed that they are in fact 2018 Paul's Guitar "prototypes", featuring all the key goodies of the Experience guitar, but minus some bling. I can do without the bling, but a little extra ching left in my pocket.

Here's what i was told when I submitted the serial number to PRS and inquired about a faded blue jean model they had and sold before I could get it :

No problem with purchasing a prototype model. They must meet spec and go through QC process as well. It was a proto for the new Paul’s Guitar. The first one is a 2018 Paul’s Guitar (proto), figured maple 10 top, mahogany neck with a pattern carve, Honduran rosewood fretboard with a Faded Blue Jean finish. The second one appears to have the same specs but with a Black Gold Burst finish. I hope this helps.

When I spoke with Dave's today, she confirmed that it has the TCI's. Both are non-tremolo guitars.

Believe what you want LOL, pictures to follow next week. ;)

As I mentioned, they had three of them. When I contacted PRS Customer Service I was informed that they are in fact 2018 Paul's Guitar "prototypes", featuring all the key goodies of the Experience guitar, but minus some bling. I can do without the bling, but a little extra ching left in my pocket.

Here's what i was told when I submitted the serial number to PRS and inquired about a faded blue jean model they had and sold before I could get it :

No problem with purchasing a prototype model. They must meet spec and go through QC process as well. It was a proto for the new Paul’s Guitar. The first one is a 2018 Paul’s Guitar (proto), figured maple 10 top, mahogany neck with a pattern carve, Honduran rosewood fretboard with a Faded Blue Jean finish. The second one appears to have the same specs but with a Black Gold Burst finish. I hope this helps.

When I spoke with Dave's today, she confirmed that it has the TCI's. Both are non-tremolo guitars.

Believe what you want LOL, pictures to follow next week. ;)

yes I was leaving room for that as I said Dave's is a big PRS supporter and occasionally gets one-off prototypes
so it sounds like that outside chance it might possibly be real. might actually be real.
good job sussing out the suspect

Oh, snazzy! Yeah Dave's Guitar Shop gets ahold of a lot of protos and oddities from the factory.

My vague understanding is that PRS do make some guitars that are not dealer orders. They know people will still buy the stuff, so they put it on offer for dealers to pick up.

Oh yeah.........

It lives! There is in fact a Paul's Guitar for 2018 with TCI pickups available. Just minus some bling and minus some $$$ :)

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_565d.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_565c.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_565e.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_565f.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5660.jpg
awesome! That was some really good detective work. I don't suppose it says something cool on the back of the headstock like prototype? Is it really nice single coil tones looking forward to a report.

I went ahead and sold my Paul's guitar with no TCI. I really want these new pickups with a tremolo I think.

So there is not 2018 / 2019 Core "Paul's Guitar" with the TCI pickups listed on the website, only the Special edition 2018 Experience LTD. But there have been a few 2018 Core Paul's Guitar with the TCI pickups made and sole on Reverb?

Oh yeah.........

It lives! There is in fact a Paul's Guitar for 2018 with TCI pickups available. Just minus some bling and minus some $$$ :)

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_565d.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_565c.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_565e.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_565f.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5660.jpg

It's listed back on reverb.... why did you return it?
I had purchased it in August and returned it as well.

Ha ha, small world. It just wasn't my cup of tea. Great clean, almost single-coil, but it was just lacking something.....it's really heard to describe.

And you?

Ha ha, small world. It just wasn't my cup of tea. Great clean, almost single-coil, but it was just lacking something.....it's really heard to describe.

And you?

I was trying to decide between a 594 Soapbar on clearance or that guitar and ordered both. The 594 Soapbar had that something... and while I liked the Paul's guitar, I also felt like it lacked something extra special. I'm still open to getting another one to see if I can find a good one.

...and while I liked the Paul's guitar, I also felt like it lacked something extra special. I'm still open to getting another one to see if I can find a good one.

I felt the same about mine until I started using it on gigs. I am not real impressed with it when I am playing by myself in the studio. It's a guitar that comes alive in musical context. The subtleties between pickups becomes more apparent. The splits (taps - whatever) on the Brent Mason are WAY more noticeable than on the Paul's, even though it the same narrow 408 system. I am guess it's the sum of the parts on the BM that make it more obvious than on the PG.

I’ve made my move on a Paul’s guitar with the TCI’s. Gonna be a special one. Fingers crossed, all works out!

Back