Will the SE custom 24-08 get more colorways in the futures?

Almost the same problem here, except I prefer a 22 fret guitar. I'm kind of considering a 24-08, but never had a 24 fret guitar. But Vintage Sunburst and Ezra Verde?

Last edited:
You’ve got to remember, TCI is a process, not a sound. It’s basically designed to help accurately reproduce the same qualities from one pickup to the next, so that (as much as possible) all pickups of a certain variety have the same tonal performance.

You should also remember that even something as simple as adjusting pickup height (free of charge) will have a significant effect on the sound, even though technically the output doesn’t change.

As always though, the best advice is to play as many different guitars as you can, in order that the ‘right’ guitar chooses you, regardless of what is written on the pickup.

I guess it's worth to wait untill the second half of january. That's when they releases new colors/models in the past.

Hi! I really dig the green color and friends have commented very positively on it, too.
I think the green on the SE blows away the green on the S2.

The green 24-08 I got my kid had a top so perfect, I thought it was a foto flame. The color just seems more vibrant too. Pickups actually sounded better too.

I actually returned my CE24 in green because I was ashamed of having that much coin wrapped up in it (even used) compared to the green 24-08 (just my experience).

I think the green on the SE blows away the green on the S2.

The green 24-08 I got my kid had a top so perfect, I thought it was a foto flame. The color just seems more vibrant too. Pickups actually sounded better too.

I actually returned my CE24 in green because I was ashamed of having that much coin wrapped up in it (even used) compared to the green 24-08 (just my experience).
Appreciate your comment. I have seen a green 24-08 (I think its called Eriza Verde). It does pop and the one I saw also had a nice top.

Some new colors are coming soon for the S2. I've seen them listed on vendor sites but no pictures.
I guess it's worth to wait untill the second half of january. That's when they releases new colors/models in the past.

The release date for new colors is 1/11/22

Ah I'm used to the European way of writing a date. Thought you said first of november.

I love mine

DSC-0040.jpg

DSC-0041.jpg

Thanks for this post. I was thinking to same question? Green is not my favorite. I like blue or yellow better. I know many people said green is actually pretty good from the review I read. Anyone got the green one can comment on it? Thanks
I’m seriously GASsing for that Eriza Verde model. Never thought I’d want something that bright, much less green!

I also heard that the SE 35th and SE 24-08 are identical - except colors, inlays. There are some used SE 35ths on Reverb.
I bought a mint condition used orange SE 24-08. Not too thrilled with the color, but I just love the instrument. I prefer the tropical parrot green. But my favorite is the blue of the 35th edition.
I just got some open box PRS locking tuners that I'm going to put on next string change.

I also heard that the SE 35th and SE 24-08 are identical - except colors, inlays. There are some used SE 35ths on Reverb.
I bought a mint condition used orange SE 24-08. Not too thrilled with the color, but I just love the instrument. I prefer the tropical parrot green. But my favorite is the blue of the 35th edition.
I just got some open box PRS locking tuners that I'm going to put on next string change.

The top carve is slightly different too.

Back