Will the SE custom 24-08 get more colorways in the futures?

Duvupov

I have my eyes on my first PRS guitar, the SE custom 24-08. I even consider selling my Gibson SG standaard 2013 for it.

But I don't like the current two colorways. I could also go for the 'regular' SE custom 24 but then I miss out on the TCI pickups.

Why does this 'update" of the model only has two colors in the first place? You think in 2022 they will release more colors?

Last edited:
"Why does this 'update" of the model only has two colors in the first place?"
Streamlining production.

Sure you can wait 6-12months and see if they'll offer a new color (most likely).
I don't think you should be too concerned about the pickups being 'TCI' or not, listen to both on videos and see if you like them in the first place.

I have the green SE 24-08 and I totally understand that the colour isn’t for everyone.

But I just wanted to say that to me personally it’s a much more versatile guitar in terms of tone than any SG that I’ve played.

Although it’s an Indonesian guitar, I’d put it right up there in terms of quality against any other guitar I’ve played.

If you get a chance I’d recommend trying on in the flesh. You might end up so impressed that the limited colour selection doesn’t matter as much anymore!

If you want a PRS with tc-i pups, then there are four colors to choose from: the green and red/orange(?), a pink, but it has got a 5-way pickup selector, instead of the two mini toggle switches, and the yellow Paul's guitar with a wrap around tail piece. I'm sure all are winners in a players hands.

Thanks for this post. I was thinking to same question? Green is not my favorite. I like blue or yellow better. I know many people said green is actually pretty good from the review I read. Anyone got the green one can comment on it? Thanks

I tried sunset one in the store and feel the action is a little high so wondering if this guitar’s action can be lowered? Thanks

As already mentioned the 35th custom 24 is a great choice instead of the 24-08. I personally prefer the two colors of the 35th over the 24-08 too.

Thanks for this post. I was thinking to same question? Green is not my favorite. I like blue or yellow better. I know many people said green is actually pretty good from the review I read. Anyone got the green one can comment on it? Thanks
Hi! I really dig the green color and friends have commented very positively on it, too.

Do 35th anniversary verso(s2 and SE) have 85/15 pickup instead of TCI pickup in 24-08? Sound wise, is it the only difference between 35 anniversary and 24-08? Which one is better? Thanks

Thanks SinSir. 35th anniversary SE model is sold out mostly the place. How is S2 35th anniversary version? Price is higher but I think I can live with it.
https://guitarworks.ca/products/pau...d-blue-smokeburst?_pos=2&_sid=59632e943&_ss=r

You're right. I'm sure there's probably a new one floating around somewhere but honestly used for the SE 35th is probably your best bet to find one. The S2 35th is my favorite S2 Cu24. For a more affordable option the satin S2 Cu24 would be the way to go. You really can't go wrong with any of the choices. Budget, finish, and pickups would be my deciding factors in that order.

The SE 35th has TCI. The S2 35th or satin do not.

You're right. I'm sure there's probably a new one floating around somewhere but honestly used for the SE 35th is probably your best bet to find one. The S2 35th is my favorite S2 Cu24. For a more affordable option the satin S2 Cu24 would be the way to go. You really can't go wrong with any of the choices. Budget, finish, and pickups would be my deciding factors in that order.

The SE 35th has TCI. The S2 35th or satin do not.
Thanks So SE 35th anniversary custom 24 is actually the same as 2021 SE custom 24-08? One made in Korea the other in Indonesia? Am I correct? Thx

Thanks So SE 35th anniversary custom 24 is actually the same as 2021 SE custom 24-08? One made in Korea the other in Indonesia? Am I correct? Thx

They are both made in Indonesia. The 35th has abalone birds.

Does anyone know if it's somehow possible to ask PRS questions about this? They never respond on Youtube comments or Twitter

Back