Will PRS follow suit with a T-type?

Hey Paul, I'm available for design work and R&D. I own a lot of T-types and have built my fair share of unique ones as well. Hit me up! We can create a winner.

If ever, no ashtray bridge please. That's just me.

That is one righteous t-type. I love the color, the binding, the bridge, and especially the pickup combo; it's just factually correct that all teles should include a humbucker/P-90. Anyone could argue this point with me, but they would be wrong, because facts are facts.

Is the neck pickup rod magnet equipped? More like a Jazzmaster pickup instead of a P-90?

I've owned I think 4 teles over the years, 3 parts casters and one G&L, and never really got on with them. There was one that had Fralin P-92s that was pretty fantastic but saw zero playing time once I got my 1st PRS.

Really ? Who outside of guitar players know him ? I see a Greg Koch video and last about 20 seconds...his hyper drive playing doesn't tell me anything about the gear he's demoing. My two cents

Who cares? Why would PRS care? It costs them nothing to give him a guitar. Moreover, if anytime someone, whomever, sees him with a guitar in his hands it would be a good thing because of his great playing. It certainly wouldn't hurt. I understand what you are saying but...

Go after John5 then.

The timing for a PRS T-type has passed, IMHO. The right time was when they had Brent Mason. His Valley Arts was a T-type. His new Fender is a Telecaster.

The Brent Mason, while being a super killer guitar, never comes close to delivering the T tone. It does other stuff, but not the T-thing that you'd expect from a dude that is known as a Telecaster user. Now, it could very well have been Mr. Mason himself that wanted something different - I don't know that whole story. I just found it disappointing that he went to the big F instead of staying PRS and developing a model that would fill a gap for PRS.

However, it could be that PRS just doesn't want to travel that road. They have always been a company that innovates. The past few years have seen them spending a lot more time chasing "the days of grace." And they might be ready to get back to innovating instead of chasing a tweaking vintage designs and tones....

Last edited:
That is one righteous t-type. I love the color, the binding, the bridge, and especially the pickup combo; it's just factually correct that all teles should include a humbucker/P-90. Anyone could argue this point with me, but they would be wrong, because facts are facts.

Is the neck pickup rod magnet equipped? More like a Jazzmaster pickup instead of a P-90?

I've owned I think 4 teles over the years, 3 parts casters and one G&L, and never really got on with them. There was one that had Fralin P-92s that was pretty fantastic but saw zero playing time once I got my 1st PRS.

Thanks! It is an alnico rod P-90 from Fralin, paired with their Sunbucker in the bridge. It does sounds sweeter than a regular p-90---like a p-90 and a Strat neck pickup were mixed. I REALLY like it. Plus, the whole guitar is noiseless. It is getting great reviews from the bandstand.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Yeah...agreed. Plus my wife and I already have a cutting board so I'm good.

Back