Will electric guitars ever appreciate again?

As opposed to a generator and GAS, which could mean guitar sales could continue... :)

By the way, I can play the accordion, so if you want to form a "no one plays these instruments any more" band in 20 years, count me in.

Well, there is always this ... Eugene is still alive, a little rejig, stardom awaits.

or, maybe bring back the old letterman days ...

and Walter Ostanek is still kickin'... the future is bright.

Last edited:
I think with PS guitars the added value is that Paul personally inspects every guitar. For PS guitars that's what the signature represents, as compared with guitars signed on social occasions.

I believe that since Paul is still alive and well, and active in his company, this may be compared to when Leo Fender was alive and well at Fender. Once he is gone, unless his family takes over and continues to maintain the highest standards that Paul is doing, it's anybody's guess how PRS guitars will fair.

Two points regarding this :)

First, as has been alluded to, I think a big part of the equation is scarcity. There are many more PRSs on the market from the "Paul days" than Fenders on the market from the "Leo" days (wait - I actually don't have any numbers to back this up, so I might be off on that assumption).

Secondly, I don't think it necessarily has to be family - just someone who understands the market, and what the company's position is on that market. No venture capitalist types and no short-sighted shareholder gain focus, thank you. Balanced Score Cards - please stay away!

Fender guitars pre-dating Leo's departure would be the more rare type.
My only thought on PRS was that it would be many years down the road when and IF PRS guitars become sought after, that the ones signed by Paul would fetch more.

I know I will not be around to find out whether this becomes fact or not. :)

Well, there is always this ... Eugene is still alive, a little rejig, stardom awaits.

or, maybe bring back the old letterman days ...

and Walter Ostanek is still kickin'... the future is bright.

You're so right! I was in a band just like The Happy Wanderers! It was called The Golden Tones, and I was 8! My bandmates were my little brother Robert, 6, on trumpet, and my little brother Bryan, who was only 3 1/2, on the pots and pan...er...drums.

And I just bought that K-Tel 5 Neat Guys record! :)

I think the economy suks.

The economy is an imaginary construct, a reflection of the public's fear, panic, or overconfidence, that calls us suckers as we dance to its tune. Personally, I prefer the Polka.

-- LSchefman, 2016

I know I will not be around to find out whether this becomes fact or not. :)

And that, my brother, is the very beauty of being old - not having to be around to endure the "I told you so" in case one is wrong in one's predictions. ;)

"Gee, I kinda miss LSchefman."

"Why? He was an insufferable twit who was nearly always proven wrong over the past 50 years. For example, he thought people would want tube amps in the future, when today we know that only molecular computer circuits playing into graphene audio speakers can produce high quality sound for the type of music we listen to now."

"Yeah, but guys like him from the middle of the last century had interesting views at times."

"Nah, the dude lived in the past. Plus he was an insufferable twit, a real meshugge. Well, I'm off to band practice."

"Really, what are you playing these days?"

"Oh, I've got this amazing new Excelsior electromagnetic accordion, it really rawks for Metal."

"Wait, no one's played Metal in 50 years."

"Oh, this is retro-new-age-crystal-metal. It's nothing like the old metal you're talking about. And we perform inside giant helium balloons so our voices get all chirpy and synthetic."

"Real helium balloons?"

"No, we just have them simulated on the Holodeck."

You're so right! I was in a band just like The Happy Wanderers! It was called The Golden Tones, and I was 8! My bandmates were my little brother Robert, 6, on trumpet, and my little brother Bryan, who was only 3 1/2, on the pots and pan...er...drums.

And I just bought that K-Tel 5 Neat Guys record! :)

Hope you bought the Pocket Fisherman along with it.

When it comes to the 5Neat Guys greatest hits, I'm torn between "Who made the egg salad sandwiches" and "Patsy's got the largest breasts in town."
I think I have to go with Patsy.:p

Hope you bought the Pocket Fisherman along with it..

Couldn't. I spent all my money on X-Ray glasses.

XRay_Specs_cartoon.jpg

When it comes to the 5Neat Guys greatest hits, I'm torn between "Who made the egg salad sandwiches" and "Patsy's got the largest breasts in town."

I think I have to go with Patsy.

I went with Patsy, and her sister, who they wrote "She Does It" about.

But she didn't do it for me. Neither of them did.

I was...too young.

Couldn't. I spent all my money on X-Ray glasses.

XRay_Specs_cartoon.jpg

I went with Patsy, and her sister, who they wrote "She Does It" about.

But she didn't do it for me. Neither of them did.

I was...too young.

It's a little known fact that I grew up in Melonville and went out with Patsy. Trust me, "She did it". After we had egg salad sandwiches. "Who made these" I asked "My Mom" she replied.

Back