Wicked Crazy Fades Thread - I see 2 colors, 3 colors, more?

The Ratchet

PRS has done some insanely awesome fades on many recent PS guitars. If you've got a blindingly awesome fade, or have seen one somewhere, share it here...

To start, this is one of my all time favs. It belongs I believe to the 'real' 11top dude. Sandstorm Fade done to perfection:

183647-2.jpg

183647-4.jpg

Re: Wicked Crazy Fades Thread - I see 2 colors, 3 colors, mo

Love me some fades!!!! Steve's Sandstorm looks like the top of the water behind a boat during sunset.....

Some of these colors have showed up as one-offs for production, but they originated in PS.

Frostbite

167306-2.jpg

Beach Fade

PRS%20private%20beach%20custom04.JPG

Green Fade

IMG_3036.jpg

Blue Fade

IMG_3917.jpg

Purlpe Fade

prs-singlecut-hb-purple-fade-blog1.jpg

Tequila Sunrise

p2_urhqjd4by_so.jpg

If you think the top on this one is nice - you should see the back!

183647-2.jpg

183647-4.jpg

Stay Frosty!

IMG_4626.jpg

006.jpg

IMG_4723.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

Hans said:
183647-2.jpg

If you think the top on this one is nice - you should see the back!

Yes the back is insane too! And that heel cap, etc. - so much attention to detail.

Lets....take a look... :shock:

183647-3.jpg

183647-8.jpg

WEDGE said:
That beach fade is sick......even my wife who could care less when i show her the millionth pic off the iPad loved that one.

Dude, those aquatic / beach / ocean fades are just luscious. Show her this one too:

1312921659blufadecu24main.jpg

If I was in a beach bar band anywhere (preferably the Caribbean) I would simply have to have an ocean fader.

And Tim, your Swamp Eagle is pristine!! Love how it fades up into the maple neck. Brilliant!

The second Frostbite built as seen at the 2010 Experience, Willcutt had the first.

DSC01003.jpg

^^^^ That guitar KILLED in person, Ron ^^^^

Not for everyone, but man I love the fades. The heel cap on the Sandstorm is just ridiculous!!

Blue fade with blue carried onto the neck.

bdo2.jpg

Photo%2030-04-2012%2011%2007%2048%20%281%29.jpg

Do you consider bursts the same as fades?

IMG_1151.JPG

themike said:
Do you consider bursts the same as fades?

For the purposes of this thread, typically no, as bursts originate from the center in a radial fashion, whereas fades can originate from any side/angle and move in a generally linear fashion.

However, as your PTC custom 'PS' color certainly falls under 'Wicked Crazy', I think we can let it slide :mrgreen:

The Ratchet said:
However, as your PTC custom 'PS' color certainly falls under 'Wicked Crazy', I think we can let it slide :mrgreen:

Ha thanks :D - I actually was going to post Dragons Breath and Laguna Glow because while not traditional 1-2-3 fades, there is a lot of subtle fading inside em'.

184736-body-l.jpg

The Guitar Shop in Canada has my all time favorite. You right handed people have it so good:

7050541893_188d06303a_b.jpg

6904453986_7ef48804db_b.jpg

6904449998_e5d7d07149_b.jpg

Beach Cross Fade FTW!

cosmic_ape said:
The Guitar Shop in Canada has my all time favorite. You right handed people have it so good:
Beach Cross Fade FTW!

Well - since that is a Private Stock guitar, you can spec it left handed just as easily.

benStillerDoIt.jpg

Hans said:
^^^^ That guitar KILLED in person, Ron ^^^^
I wish I had video of your reaction when you saw it.

themike said:
cosmic_ape said:
Beach Cross Fade FTW!

Well - since that is a Private Stock guitar, you can spec it left handed just as easily.

benStillerDoIt.jpg

No Private Stock for me just yet!

I noticed someone bought the guitar since I posted it here. Fess up, people! Who bought it?

Oh my days, this is good enough to repost! It looks like it should be hanging from a "vintage" leather strap worn over a cream Armani linen suit... I freakin' love it!

Oh my days, this is good enough to repost! It looks like it should be hanging from a "vintage" leather strap worn over a cream Armani linen suit... I freakin' love it!

Oh yes... In your PS dreams thread, I mentioned diagonal quilt.. this is exactly what I meant... I would want it Glacier Blue, but this thing is just awe inspiring!

Back