Why/why not. PRS w/soapbar pups

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Andrew Paul, Feb 13, 2021.

1. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

Aw YEAH!!!

AP515 and Andrew Paul like this.
  2. Scott Kevin

Scott Kevin New Member

Im thinking... I may change the pickups in my CE24 semi hollow to Lindy P90s.

bodia likes this.
  3. doublescale1

doublescale1 doublescale1

I put an Ilitch Cavity Silent Single Coil system in a G***** 50's Tribute LP - it's incredibly effective in cancelling the inherent hum in those stock P90's. I've done two different Ilitch Backplate SSC's on some strats and now the LP - I had a pair of Suhr P90's w/SSC built in to a chambered T-style guitar and the results were exactly similar to my current LP w/Cavity SSC, and I've got a Suhr S-Classic with a factory installed SSC. Since they already have the Cavity system for all the different G***** back cavities, maybe if you called them and asked if one would fit in a McCarty cavity, it sure would be a liberating mod for a P90 McCarty. They've always been very generous with their time on the phone when I needed to talk to them, getting me sorted with their product, they even took a call from my guitar tech when he had a question on the Cavity SSC install - maybe they could get one to work for the McCarty cavity. It would be nice if it could be adapted.