Why/why not. PRS w/soapbar pups

A clip is worth 1000 of my crazy posts! ;)

The only drawback of P-90s is that with lighting dimmers, appliances, breaker boxes and monitors, etc., in various places in a building generating electromagnetic interference, you sometimes have to turn in a circle to find a spot that isn't noisy. That doesn't bother me, I can always find that spot, but it's good to be aware of it.

If the guitar gets noisy, just turn a few degrees to the right or left, and bingo, you're in a quiet zone.

It's good to have a guitar with Soapbars - people obsess over small differences between PRSes that are actually kind of hard to distinguish, at least to the listener, but one with Soapbar pickups is going to be that much more different than some other choices.
This is SO spot on. Great advice as always, Les. :)

Cool! I'm curious about what you decided to get!

Here is the tease :D

WPCS4FV.jpg

XEbd4qk.jpg

it was in there when I got it. I believe it’s a Dimarzio. Not totally sure which model. It rips though!
Funny thing is I may have that pickup somewhere in a drawer. Years ago one my first Guitars when I was a kid was a harmony hollow body and I remember putting a dimarzio pickup like that in the Bridge. I remember it kicking ass.

Back