Why the hatred?

I would argue that those who pontificate on who is a “real guitarist” are elitist wind bags
Couldn’t agree more, we all play because we love it and it gives us pleasure! If you are a huge hack but love it, more power to ya, I just won’t go to your gigs!

The Casi1 signature model?

Oh yeah!

It’s gonna have a super deep contour (better than F’s comfort contour), 12 inch radius, similar pickups to SS (which fool the listener into thinking the neck has a separate maple cap installed), satin neck, and it’s gonna come in awesome colors that only I like.

And when someone asks me to offer one with a Rosewood Board, I’m gonna say ‘no grasshopper, go gets your own signature model cuz this one says CASI1 on the headstock... slow down grasshopper... slow down’

Oh yeah!

I suddenly feel like practicing my scales, lol. Too bad I’m at the office, chugging coffee, trying to stay awake while designing wind blades and shyt.

Oh yeah!

It’s gonna have a super deep contour (better than F’s comfort contour), 12 inch radius, similar pickups to SS (which fool the listener into thinking the neck has a separate maple cap installed), satin neck, and it’s gonna come in awesome colors that only I like.

We’re all looking forward to the platinum record you’re going to come out with to spur sales.

We’re all looking forward to the platinum record you’re going to come out with to spur sales.

Nope not going to need it (but it would help, lol)... I’m just going to use my multiple marketing/business/innovation degrees to devise a plan ... then get other more experienced folks to play the crap out of it. While I learn my scales.

Last edited:
Nope not going to need it (but it would help, lol)... I’m just going to use my multiple marketing/business/innovation degrees to devise a plan ... then get other more experienced folks to play the crap out of it. While I learn my scales.

Wait’ll the haters get wind of that!

@Heidi Korsmo I think you need to play guitar, I know you’re gonna say no, but give it a try!

Here’s a song for all the haters -

Awww thanks, I have a degree in music and play piccolo in a community orchestra and flute choir, content with my husband being the rockstar (using the term loosely, we live in Omaha)! He’s my rockstar

Awww thanks, I have a degree in music and play piccolo in a community orchestra and flute choir, content with my husband being the rockstar (using the term loosely, we live in Omaha)! He’s my rockstar

So you have translatable skills!

I now get the previous piccolo reference.

You don’t know what you’re missing. The frustration that one day your fingers play a phrase/solo/chord sequence perfectly and the next, they don’t want to behave.

Then there’s the craving for gear. I mean, I bet you don’t need 8 piccolos?!

I have one trumpet and 5 guitars, what is that all about?

But I suppose the mute collection is like pedals for the trumpet!

While you guys were pontificating I learned how to play Zep's Rain Song.

Get back to work!
Years ago, I gave up on it. Baffled as to why I couldn’t play it! A few years back, a buddy gave me the weird tuning for it, and I had it down right away.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you have translatable skills!

I now get the previous piccolo reference.

You don’t know what you’re missing. The frustration that one day your fingers play a phrase/solo/chord sequence perfectly and the next, they don’t want to behave.

Then there’s the craving for gear. I mean, I bet you don’t need 8 piccolos?!

I have one trumpet and 5 guitars, what is that all about?

But I suppose the mute collection is like pedals for the trumpet!
Only 5 guitars? You need more gear....

Back