Why so few McCarty Soapbars with trems?

Hey Mike(s)

GRfleII.jpg

Ah man..............Buyers remorse kickin in.

Could you give us a tone report?

It sounds like a Standard... McCarty bass pickup in the neck, and a Grissom prototype (maybe?) in the bridge. Comparing it to my CE22 with McCarty pickups, and my McSpruce, I’d say it falls between them with a darker midrange thing going on.

Very, very “cool” guitar but not like, a mind blowing experience where I was left with any FOMO or a feelings of “I gotta have it” for me, if that makes sense.

If anything, it made me wonder why I don’t play my CE22 more often.

Standards are really special live IMO
solo’d out at home they can feel really mid peaky

I have an original 87 Grissom treble pickup for a future emergency

Standards are really special live IMO
solo’d out at home they can feel really mid peaky

I have an original 87 Grissom treble pickup for a future emergency

Yeah, it wasn’t lackluster or uninspiring, and I do love a Standard.... it just wasn’t a “take my money” guitar moment for me.

i had a black 1 for a while in the early 2000's. i preferred hums more, so it got passed along to a guy that became a great friend.

i really wish that you could get a mccarty w a trem. i know the dgt is similar, but i prefer mccartys more

i actually think i might like a 594/old mccarty trem hybrid. thicker body, shorter scale, old w/f, standard fretwire. ive had 3 or 4 dgt's and while i like them, i don't seem to bond with them they way i do with vol/tone/3 way & older neck specs. i aint got 11k to turn lose of for a private stock, so i'll just have to make due with what ive got

Yeah, it wasn’t lackluster or uninspiring, and I do love a Standard.... it just wasn’t a “take my money” guitar moment for me.

Well, that's nice to know that I passed on a guitar that may not have that wow factor.

I do have a covered 5310 that could give it a pretty nice wow factor.

Back