Why no PRS se McCarthy 594

kaputme

Hey All,

I just joined in.. So hello to everyone. I bought a PRS SE Tremonti custom last year and i love it.. its made a PRS convert out of me.

Even though i own a Gibson studio and a Vintage Lemon drop.. i always gravitate towards my Tokai LS1-R9 and the PRS. I was watching a few PRS videos and looked through the catalogue, and could not find the McCarty 594 in SE or the S2. I would like to own one but to pay 3500+ is too much for me at the moment.

Anyone knows why they don't have one ?
The SC245 has the SE245, why not a SE 594 Mccarty ( i mean the 4 pots and the toggle on the horn model)

Cheers guys...

SM

They don’t always make SE versions of core models. There are already a lot of similar guitars in the SE range.

If you want to save up though, 594’s are starting to make it into the mid 2k range on the used market

I think specifically making/calling something a "594" in anything other than the core line would be difficult, because of the specific scale length, but maybe they could do it on an SE.

That being said, how great would it be to have the 4-knob layout and a stoptail on the Custom body shape? Make it a 24.5" scale and I'm happy.

Features of the 594 that don’t appear to be on any SE include the 594’s two-piece cast zinc bridge, and a bone nut, in addition to the scale length, body thickness, etc.

That doesn’t mean they won’t make one at some point, but even the SE SCs don’t have the 2-piece bridge that the SC245s had for a long time; i.e., they’ve been two completely different guitars.

I wouldn’t hold my breath, but PRS has surprised all of us in the past, so you never know.

What I can say is that the Core 594 is so great, and so incredibly good-sounding that I’d simply try to save for one. They’re well worth the dough, no question about it.

I asked Paul this on Saturday, he said that he doesn't want to do it yet, he said and I quote "he wants the 594 to percolate more as a model" I guess he means he wants it to be more established in the guitar market. hopefully that won't take long I can see a massive demand for a sub £1000 version of the 594.

What I can say is that the Core 594 is so great, and so incredibly good-sounding that I’d simply try to save for one. They’re well worth the dough, no question about it.

Les convinced me to get one, when I was considering other (& cheaper) alternatives & I have to tell you over a year later, I am still in love with the 594, so my vote is to save for one. It is one heck of a good guitar! The good news is that I am still married :D.

Back