Why no PRS accessories PUP covers?

AndrewB

a few recent threads about pickup covers had me wondering why PRS doesn’t offer any as in their store. I would think they’d sell reasonably well either for those looking to add them or to change the look of a guitar that already has them. Maybe offer them in different finishes like chrome, nickel, brushed nickel, black chrome, gold. And with a choice of PRS logo. Either the Script signature or the block logo laser etched in a corner

I don’t think they’re have to cost that much. Probably no more than $50 a set. Unless of course they’re plated in real gold instead of just anodized

I'd be interested in these. I already have a fingertip-shaped dent in my 594's neck cover - no idea how it happened. It's first battle scar!

I just go to Philadelphia luthiertools and buy my black nickel covers, made out of the same alloy as the original paf covers. And yes, they can cut down the highs.

Last edited:
Never peeked under the ones with covers... are they standard shaped or squabbins? Never thought about it before today, but I suppose either would fit...

a few recent threads about pickup covers had me wondering why PRS doesn’t offer any as in their store. I would think they’d sell reasonably well either for those looking to add them or to change the look of a guitar that already has them. Maybe offer them in different finishes like chrome, nickel, brushed nickel, black chrome, gold. And with a choice of PRS logo. Either the Script signature or the block logo laser etched in a corner
This was the exact reason I posted about the p/u covers.

Pickup covers change the sound of the pickup, too (less highs). Solid, unplated, raw nickel covers aren’t bad, but any plating, even good plating like gold, will alter the voice of the pickup.

Between the change in tone and the squabbins being too large to fit under standard sized covers, I don’t see this being an option in the near future.

But it would be cool to be able to change the look of your guitar like this.

Uncovered PRS pickups have squabbins. These do not fit under covers.

Covered pickups are, well, already covered.
Not all the uncovered pickups have square bobbins, only the more recent ones. I can’t remember when they started changing them. Some of the uncovered pickups are also radiused to match the fingerboard. How’s that for attention to detail?

Back