Why no plain maple?

I thought you said all the way.....maple bourbon bacon top!
latest

That sounds divine. I'm more of a sambal oelek guy (facebook recently reminded me that almost exactly a year ago I had posted that I was "in a relationship" with Sambal Oelek), but sriracha will do in a pinch.

So basically there's no good reason they don't offer plain maple. Trust me I love a good figured top too, my CU24 semi-hollow has an awesome 10 top, but the classic translucent plain maple top look would be awesome to see. Mahogany/korina doesn't finish in the same way so that doesn't really count.

It is what it is, I guess. I'm just surprised that there's literally 0 examples of plain maple PRS. I don't think they're inferior to figured tops, just a different, slightly more natural look.

I would kill for a McCarty or 594 or SC with a plain top. Don't think I've ever seen a PRS with a plain top though. Why not? It's definitely a great look.
Find a Stripped 58.

Or look at the S2 line.

Although there will always be some figuring in those tops, I guess.

Or get an opaque finish.

PRS prides itself on guitars that not only play super great but also look amazing. When they do release something with a plainer look, everyone starts clamoring for the curly maple. It simply doesn't make much business sense for them to purposely release "plain" maple tops.

I suppose you could look at the Standard lines too - no maple.

Back