Why no core Paul’s Guitars in stores

The TCI’s really sound fantastic in both modes. The many demo videos speak for themselves. The two from Brian Ewald especially. And my TCI PG sounds exactly like that, so I know what you hear is what you get. I couldn’t recommend the PG enough.

My guess is the price can be a deterrent for something that is essentially quite different and new - the look, the pickups, the toggles. Risk.

And honestly outside of the PRS crowd not many people may know Paul, as opposed to say Santana, so even amongst the signature models newly minted PRS owners may be first drawn to a Santana or Silver Sky.

I suppose that is why the SE PG was introduced - to let a wider crowd experience how awesome the sounds really are.

That said, I always say the guitar is already the guitar. If you find an inherently great guitar with excellent inherent woody tone and liveliness, grab it regardless whether it’s a PG, 594 DGT Bernie Marsden or SS. If you really don’t like the pickups and Armageddon beckons, there will always be someone in the world who can custom wind a custom one for you, odd shape or no.

I’ll put in a word for the previous PG 408s, since I have them (and a middle pickup that’s a 57/08 Narrowfield) in my PS20.

The guitar sounds unbelievably good, and I wouldn’t change the pickups even if they were a standard size.

If you’re an inveterate pickup swapper, I get it. But maybe it’d be ok to have one guitar that has this tone (if you like the tone, of course).

Found this on reverb but here's a direct link:
https://www.thefretshop.com/shop/EL...tric-Guitar-with-Hardshell-Case-x41414831.htm

Somewhat tempted to make it my 1st PRS but the color isn't really what I want.

Its not my colour choice either but I am not in the US and nor in the market for one - at least not at the moment. That being said, the wood on it is really nice - the headstock veneer in particular looks really special and the fretboard, at least the little I can see at any decent size, looks figured too. The back slab of Mahogany looks great - have you seen the bottom edge??

Obviously the top is a great piece of book matched maple as you would expect from a 10-top and whilst I much prefer 'Red' (or a Charcoal Cherry Burst as my 2nd choice - it has a red edge after all), I think this colour looks relatively Natural - more natural than a lot of the finishes anyway - and as such, you also get to see all the Mahogany instead of an opaque black or blue as some bursts get. It may not be Red, Green, Yellow or Blue but I do think this is one of the more 'natural' looking finishes which I also like.

It is definitely a beautiful guitar, just a bit too dark and similar to one of my current guitars. It's very possible that the pictures are making it appear darker than it really is. Regardless, I'm a couple weeks out from an expected funding influx so thought I'd help the op. Although originally from MD (and actually lived in the same county as PRS for a few years) , I've been living in N. Georgia for the past year and could easily scoot over to Huntsville to have a look and play this one.

Unless you are totally hung up on getting a TCI-loaded Paul's Guitar, the older model KILLS - and can often be found at a bit of a steal. I guess most people "fear" the pickups because you are kind of stuck with 'em. Personally, I find the pickups to be very pleasing sonically, and with very few modifications (if any) it could be my ONLY guitars.

Here's mine - a 2015 PGT in Honey....

While I love the PRS stopbar, and I will admit I have been able to try the Paul's stopbar with the brass inserts, I am glad both of my Paul's Guitars have had trems. I don't use the trem very often, but I just dig the overall look. When I take it out to a gig I feel like I am playing some super exotic guitar. The large Brushstroke Birds give (to me, anyway) an "Asian" vibe that matches the Honduran Rosewood and the Honey stained top. The guitar just drips class and tone.
I flippin’ love that guitar! Gorgeous!

I was obsessed when the first Paul’s Guitar was unveiled. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one... it just fit the proverbial bill for me and it still does today!

IMG_2253.jpg

I was obsessed when the first Paul’s Guitar was unveiled. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one... it just fit the proverbial bill for me and it still does today!

IMG_2253.jpg

Beautiful 1 piece top! Is that copperhead? Simply gorgeous.

I received my new PG Wood Library with following specs

• Artist Quilt Maple Top
  • Mahogany back
  • Korina Neck
  • Pattern Neck Carve
  • Cocobolo Fingerboard
  • 22 Frets
  • 25" Scale
  • PRS Gen III Trem Bridge
  • New "TCI" Narrow Pickups
  • V12 Finish
  • Nickel/Gold mixed Hardware
  • Deluxe Black Paisley Hardshell Case

I was so impressed with the new offshore version that I purchased a PG with trem from Willcutt. These were built in 2018 and have the TCI pickups and surprised to see the pickups were only unveiled at NAMM 2019 (?).

IMG_2253.jpg
Whoa!!

Back