WHY NO B&S ALLOWED?

helmi

single & satin
JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY, WHY IS THERE NO BUY & SELL CATEGORIES ON THE FORUM. EVEN IF IT WAS STRICTLY FOR PRS GUITARS ONLY, AND NO OTHER GEAR. THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW FORUMS WITHOUT ONE. WHO BETTER TO BUY A PRS FROM THAN A FELLOW FORUM MEMBER?

Helmi, this topic was absolutely beaten to death when the Forum got started.

It's a company forum. PRS owns it. They aren't likely to justify to us what went into the calculus of deciding not to have their site becoming a used guitar market; I don't recall their saying much, if anything, the last time this came up.

If you want to start a forum of PRS owners with a marketplace for used guitars, no one's going to stop you. In fact, such forums already exist, and lots of folks here visit them.

On the same theme as Les....it is the same reason most official factory forum of any type does not have B&S...and the reason most manufacturers no longer have any kind of official forum....there is a lot of liability to the site owner for transactions even if they do not profit a dime.

Also in fairness this site is a tool to share info about the guitars and market to the new and seasoned PRS owner. I could see a B&S section eating up a lot of resources and driving us all insane...I am actually glad we don't even speak price beyond MAP on new guitars.

One thing you will find is if there is something you are after you could post a thread about it and I know you will get tons of links to other B&S locations that might have what you are after.

One thing you will find is if there is something you are after you could post a thread about it and I know you will get tons of links to other B&S locations that might have what you are after.

This could also net you a PM from someone that may have what you're looking for.

It's also (intentionally) a place where retailers can tempt us with new ones. If there were a used section it would steal some of their thunder.

I always wondered this as well. For example, if Les wants to sell his HX/DA for $49.95 and he lists it here, I'm going to buy it. But if I want one, and Les wants to sell one and we don't even know it... then Les has to list it on Craigs List and meet some seedy character at a Speedway parking lot after dark.

All joking aside, there are lots of guys here who sort of "know" each other and I'd much rather buy from someone hear than from random ebay dude who SAYS the tubes are new... or the guitar is "mint" or whatever. I've seen several things here that people later said they had sold, that if I had known, I've have been a buyer for.

Some forums address many of the issues listed above by doing things like... no selling until you've been a member for at least one year and have at least X amount of posts. Stops the spammers and people who just signed up just to list something. At TGP, you can't sell unless you're a "contributing member."

Anyway, clearly not going to happen so I'll stop wasting my breath. Do you actually waste breath when you're typing? I am breathing as I debate this. Was actually breathing heavy at the thought of Les' HX/DA for $49.95. So, I guess I actually was wasting breath o_O

Back