Why isn't the Santana model more popular?

25853272621_56d661ae6d_o.jpg

I can't see this one often enough! So slammin'!!!!

I love the body, I love the neck, but I just can't get comfortable with the short scale 24 fret neck...

That was my concern as well. But it feels great, and I have large hands/long fingers. The guitar hangs while standing in a great way and the shape and scale just work together so well for me. I was pleasantly surprised.

+1 ''I am not a huge Carlos Santana fan. I'm a fan, but he is not anywhere near the top of my favourite players''
However I own a core 2015 Santana model and I love it! It is something magical going on with these guitars. Great sound, great weight, great construction, super dark fretboard, comfy neck size and amazing looks. Simply one of the best perhaps the best PRS model in my humble opinion and for my musical taste (not dropped tuning stuff.. :)).

Having said that, I believe that the player makes the guitar and not the opposite. For sure a very good quality (thank you Paul and your people) makes a huge difference but most importantly we should play and enjoy whatever we have, we like and we can afford.

Last edited:
I never thought I would like a 24.5" scale, but my SC245 is unreal. For some reason the Santana just doesn't do it for me. I don't like the shape or the control placement. If only PRS made other models...

I didn't keep mine because of the big neck. Looking back, I haven't owned any 24 fretters in many years now. Last one I had was a Standard 24. Interestingly enough both were NAMM guitars. The Santana in raspberry when the '99 booth was all raspberry. And the Std 24 was black cherry from a year or two later when the booth was all black cherry.

I really want a Santana, but not sure about the pickups, not bad just not sure. I really want one with a floyd rose bad, I know that's kinda weird but man that would be sweet!!

I really want a Santana, but not sure about the pickups, not bad just not sure. I really want one with a floyd rose bad, I know that's kinda weird but man that would be sweet!!

The Santana Bridge pickup is one of my faves, a real hidden gem.

PTC can help you out there!

True that, but personal luthier can also accomplish the job at hand. PTC team is amazing from what I hear, and I know for a fact it would be legit!

The Santana Bridge pickup is one of my faves, a real hidden gem.

You know I hear that alot, every guy that has a Santana seems to really appreciate them. I think if I had a week to bond with the pickups, would probably result in me loving them.

I have been thinking about this for awhile , The Santana shaped guitars unlike he standard double cut shape has not evolved as much.
Think about it standard double cut ( basic shape ) includes
CU24/22, 513, 408, McCarty, 305 , NF , Hollowbodies and all the scale lengths 24.5 , 24.594 , 25 , 25 1/4 , 25.5
Thats why they are not more popular if you made the basic Santana shape with a bit more variety you would get more takers IMHO.
would it ever be the top seller I don't think so just like the Les Paul far out sells and SG but if PRS ever explored more option on a guitar of the Santana shape I would be in line

Back