Why Isn't He On The PRS Roster?

Some sage advice given to me by an older guitarist:

"Don't compare yourself to other guitarists, because invariably there will be guitarists who are much more accomplished than you, as equally as there will be guitarists who are below your level of ability. If you don't compare, you'll save yourself the trouble of trying to do better when others push you towards that. While you may be inspired to play better, only you can choose whether you actually will put in the time and practice. Don't let others force you to do something you cannot reasonably expect to achieve."

I've lived by that advice because there are folks who have rightly earned their station in life. Not comparing myself makes it easier to accept that I'll never be the guitarist I only dream of being.

Some guy walking down a corridor playing a one chord song staring at his fingerboard most of the time.

What's the big deal?

:p

Although I gotta admit that he did it better than the original band could do it live...

:eek:

Well that was fun. Saw a guy do that sort of thing with Superstition once in Nashville. I forget his name right now, but it was at the NAMM show in Nashville and he was at some sort of guitar thing at the Ryman. Seeing playing like that in person is astounding.:)

Back