Why is this SE 245 so expensive?

I routinely see used guitars and guitar equipment priced at well above the price for a new one. Never hurts to ask, right? Presumably either a sucker buys it or the seller changes the terms. I also see a lot of fakes and misrepresentations.

Not sure what you've looking for here. They have the right to ask what they wish, right?

Look, I was wondering if there was anything special about it.
Sure, people have the right to be douchey - if there's nothing special about it, i feel sorry for the sucker.

The top is the only unique component, but over $1500 for an SE? A used SE, at that??!! It’s a stretch.

Yup...WAY too much...nice guitar...but you're in used Core money here...I would have to agree that I hope the seller has to sit on it, or lower his price considerably.

Look, I was wondering if there was anything special about it.
Sure, people have the right to be douchey - if there's nothing special about it, i feel sorry for the sucker.

Sorry, didn't mean to come out harsh. I just see this kind of thing s lot and I don't understand it myself.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these overpriced guitars are the result of a partner/spouse insisting on herd reduction and this is a legit way of saying, "hey, I tried to sell my guitar, but nobody is buying!"

This... nothing special about that SE except to the seller.

you see similar items listed at radical prices. one is 299.99 and down the list another is listed at 1299.99.
and i guess some people just buy without even checking or looking.

From the ad-

"Welcome to the PRS SE 245 Limited Edition. This is a UK-only run of just 120 guitars, which WERE available in six stunning new finishes, of which there are only 20 of each colour.

As far as I know is the only one in Australia.. VERY RARE AND IN MINT "AS NEW" CONDITION!"

Still doesn't warrant the outrageous price.

The price might not be outrageous....what does a new SE cost in Australia? There could be some serious taxes and import duties that drive the cost up?

If it's the only one in the country, the rarity will drive the price up*. In the end, it's only going to be worth what someone will pay for it.

* - Rarity does not always determine or affect value. I'm the only one of me in the country, and my wife says I'm worthless.

The price might not be outrageous....what does a new SE cost in Australia? There could be some serious taxes and import duties that drive the cost up?
In AUD brand new SE's would be between $700 - $1200. the listed guitar is $2,200 AUD

Back