Why is the Mira discontinued then lowered on the line?

My Core 2008 Mira was the only PRS I ever bought new. still have it, still love it. Great and easy playing rock machine.

Do you go, or did have the dolly with the knitted dress that went down over one roll of three ply, because you didn’t want anyone to the see spare one on the cistern?

My Gran had one, around the time that jxe did the padded toilet thing.

Edit: the first sentence makes no sense, but this phone is intent on making me sound more intelligent than I actually am:eek:

Last edited:
My Gran had one, around the time that jxe did the padded toilet thing.
‘did the padded toilet thing’! i remember the blue toilet did feature in my direct to cassette tape ‘radio show’ comedy half hour.

my grandmother’s bathroom did not have a tea cozy for her Lou Rawls, but every kleenex box in the house had one. the main one was oak.

Last edited:
My only problem is the SE has 85/15’s’ pickups - if it had the Mira pickups I’d be more interested as I dig the frost blue. That being said, you can get a Core for what the S2’s were selling for, or get a used S2 for not much more than the SE’s new.

Down the road I may add a core to the collection, I definitely like it’s vibe. Probably a Vela first though...
That definitely the way to go! A used core or S2

i remember the first time i saw a blue vinyl padded toilet seat, amazing. it was 1979 and i haven’t seen one since. be a great guitar treatment.
Oh man, my moms loved those padded toilet seats.

When she was freshly divorced and bought her townhouse she put ‘em in both bathrooms, they were awful.

Her (our) toilets were the “rounded” sized ones, so they were shorter at the front. And the seam for the top and bottom vinyl made this rough ridge that collected grossness and cut into my junk while sitting.

She also had carpeting in one of our bathrooms.

Oh man, my moms loved those padded toilet seats.

When she was freshly divorced and bought her townhouse she put ‘em in both bathrooms, they were awful.

Her (our) toilets were the “rounded” sized ones, so they were shorter at the front. And the seam for the top and bottom vinyl made this rough ridge that collected grossness and cut into my junk while sitting.

She also had carpeting in one of our bathrooms.
and that seam -- why so sharp? i remember my bit also had a part about the thing in there that made the water colored. my grandparents bathrooms were kind of luxe industrial now that i think about it. carpets, strange tiling, and fun pocket doors that DID NOT LOCK.

Soooo, today a Grandma Hannon Pink Mira X appeared on Reverb. AND it's at a shop in the USA, NOT Japan!

Their asking price is pretty low compared to what's been out there for a couple of years. After looking closely at the pics, I can see why. Someone buggered up the headstock face around the tuners, which don't look original to me. There are a few rashes on the body. The pickup rings have been changed. I made an offer half-heartedly, and they countered splitting the difference. As long as I've looked for one of these things NOT in Sepia Burst, I'm gonna pass. Too many things that would bug me about it. WHY DO PEOPLE BUGGER UP NICE GUITARS???!!!

Someone buggered up the headstock face around the tuners, which don't look original to me
Yeah, aftermarket tuners for sure. I put the same ones on a Les Paul. Looking at the pics its perfect example why to use a hand reamer to enlarge holes instead of power tools. Lol

Soooo, today a Grandma Hannon Pink Mira X appeared on Reverb. AND it's at a shop in the USA, NOT Japan!

Their asking price is pretty low compared to what's been out there for a couple of years. After looking closely at the pics, I can see why. Someone buggered up the headstock face around the tuners, which don't look original to me. There are a few rashes on the body. The pickup rings have been changed. I made an offer half-heartedly, and they countered splitting the difference. As long as I've looked for one of these things NOT in Sepia Burst, I'm gonna pass. Too many things that would bug me about it. WHY DO PEOPLE BUGGER UP NICE GUITARS???!!!
Ignorance and/or lack of repair experience

A core Mira (2008) is my only PRS and has become my go-to. I'm tempted to get another, like the 22 fret version, but prices have gone up quite a bit. Weird as when I got mine they seemed to be comparatively unloved on the used market, so mine was just a bit more that what SEs are now going for.

The only drawback is the neck pickup doesn't have the deep harmonic bloom of my 22 and 21 fret guitars (I think as the neck pickup as at the octave?).

Finding a Mira did cure my SG bug, but it has me want to try other PRSs, even though I'm currently in a paring-down thought process. It's weird. I'm considering keeping the Mira plus one other (keep changing my mind which), sell the rest and get a McCarty.

But anyway, the core Mira is wicked cool. I've not tried the S2 nor SE versions.

A core Mira (2008) is my only PRS and has become my go-to. I'm tempted to get another, like the 22 fret version, but prices have gone up quite a bit. Weird as when I got mine they seemed to be comparatively unloved on the used market, so mine was just a bit more that what SEs are now going for.

The only drawback is the neck pickup doesn't have the deep harmonic bloom of my 22 and 21 fret guitars (I think as the neck pickup as at the octave?).

Finding a Mira did cure my SG bug, but it has me want to try other PRSs, even though I'm currently in a paring-down thought process. It's weird. I'm considering keeping the Mira plus one other (keep changing my mind which), sell the rest and get a McCarty.

But anyway, the core Mira is wicked cool. I've not tried the S2 nor SE versions.
Great idea. I sold off probably 7 Eastwood AIRLINE semi hollow and solid body guitars that were all good guitars so that I could justify the price of a new WL DGT back in 2021, which is truly a great guitar in terms of tone, feel, wood quality,pickups, finish, ect….…. Best move I ever made

Last edited:
I picked up a dead mint 09 Mira X in GH pink today. A collector is selling off bits of his collection. OHSC case candy, it even has the original strings on it.
Mint condition in every way.
Pics at strat talk in other guitars sub forum.

This one? Awesome!!

647709-6eefdf5b6a8ada58962590d55b3a0d65.jpg

647710-0726b47422ab676556eb339e49d7f0a6.jpg

647711-9bee2a195ec904c024bcf2e60cac8f0b.jpg

Back